fighting sleep arghhhhhhhhhhh

wantingno.2

2 princes + a princess
Reaction score
LO has got himself into an awful routine at the moment where nothing will settle him to sleep. Holding, rocking, putting down, putting in cot, putting in bouncer nothing seems to work. He just cries and eventually cries himself to sleep. He's only just started doing it and it's stressing us both out. I know he's tired, i make sure it's nothing else first but arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cant cope!!!

Anyone else got a sleep fighter???! I tell you something if i could go to sleep anytime any place i'd be out like a light!!!

Yeah my Lo does this all the time, he cried for an hour today...slept for half an hour and woke up crying i do think he is teething aswell tho as its getting worse and other symptoms. Its only ever during the day tho generally will go to sleep pretty well at bed time. Sorry no advise just thought i would tell you your not alone x

right there with ya!! right his moment lol..

Lo is now 8 months and has nearly always been a sleep fighter!

I do remember it was particularly bad around 4 months - is it possible he's nearly ready to have a bit longer awake time? It was around this age that our LO started to be able to be awake for 2 hours at a time, and if I put him down earlier he would protest ( although was clearly tired) and only sleep 30mins, and if I gave him an extra 15-20 mins awake time he would go down better.

I have the same problem its soooo stressful he fights sleep so much in the day with his pushchair even to the point where i try an try to rock him sleep in his pushchair but no such look an i had to let him cry it out because nothing soothed him, he doesnt do cuddles anymore, he doesnt drift off after a feed (formula coma) anymore oh how i miss them days!! lol.

He will whine so much until he drifts off ive often noticed him falling sleep an whining at same time :shrug: lol. Its mental.

In the pushchair sleeping only works when im out at an about in town or walking somewhere but not in the house lol.

So i have to let him cry it out for a good 10 mins to finally get to sleep in his cot but he sleeps better in it he will sleep for up to 30 mins where as now he cant settle in it an if he did it would on be for about 10 mins an u have to be dead quiet around him. :hugs: i no how stressful it is thats why i had to put him in his cot because i got wound up it makes me angry sometimes the constant whinges i cant handle x

uuggghh sounds like my newborn days. nothings EVER settled my Lo so hes always cryed himself to sleep. sounds awful but there was nothing else i could do. hes still the same at 10 months except he doesnt cry anymore, unless hes frustrated because he wants to stay up, in which case we get him up because he wont sleep. hes a nightmare, but come bedtime hes an angel so i cant complain. recently ive noticed that i actually need to keep him up for a bit longer now after i can see hes tired or he wont sleep either (i used to put him to bed as soon as i seen a yawn lol ) no advice though im afraid, just wanted to share xx

He's is really good at night and sleeps through so suppose I should be greatful. He doesnt really sleep very long through the day and wakes very easily. Think his routine is changing and think he's teething too. Just feel really awful when I get stressed out with him. Poor little boy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->