Finally brought it up with OH

Daisy Delayne

Reaction score
I've been going a little nuts with the baby fever lately, and we have an acquaintance who's about to have a baby and me and OH were talking about her. Suddenly I just blurted out, "Do you want to have a baby when our debts are paid off?" I"m paraphrasing but he said, "Depends how long it takes us, but I can't wait to have kids." and he looks real pleased that I brought it up. We had never really talked about it before. Okay, so it wasn't a definite answer on WHEN but it's progress.

How did you bring it up with your man, or have you yet??

Well done for bringing it up. I can't remember really, we kinda just talked about it every now and then for a few years, but we had both agreed to have them when we were around 30. Then it all changed and I really wanted them before, we just chatted about it and he came round to the idea and now is quite scared but also excited! x

DH has always said that he wanted to wait until he finished his PhD or right before I turned 30 (whichever one comes first...I turn 30 in four years :wacko:)

Then in August we went to visit his family in England and his cousin brought her little boy with her (just 8 months). I think he caught baby fever and his mom kept dropping hints as well, like "look at Jenny holding the baby, doesn't she look like she'd be a great mother" etc. When we got back he started saying we should start TTC soon and we set the date for January 1st when we come back from our Christmas holiday :happydance:

Even though it's not a date, that's huge! OH and I joked about it as if we got married my name would be Ellie Penny haha, and we joked we'd have children called Jenny, Kenny, etc. :p
I brought it up properly and he said he wanted nothing more than to be a daddy, and he felt as if that was his purpose in life :) We thought we'd wait til we were about 25; I wanted them at about 22-23, but I thought that was better than nothing. Then I miscarried a few months ago and OH was broken hearted and decided he wanted them sooner. So now we're on the same page, as it were lol.
Well done for bringing it up, it's pretty scary territory :p xx

aw thats great! now the subject is out there, you will be surprised how much you talk about it now and it may happen quicker than he previously thought! My other half and i talked about having kids in the future right from the word go, but as soon as we talked about it seriously i was pregnant within 2 months lol. Good luck!

We talked about having kids from day one but it was allways in the future. I think i just asked him one day when we could have one

:wohoo: thats a huge step :D congrats!!

before me started ttc our daughter, we'd talk about children, and always knew we both wanted them, then we just decided one day that it was a great time for us :D 9months later, with me having pcos we conceived our maddilynne :cloud9:

aw thats great! now the subject is out there, you will be surprised how much you talk about it now and it may happen quicker than he previously thought! My other half and i talked about having kids in the future right from the word go, but as soon as we talked about it seriously i was pregnant within 2 months lol. Good luck!

It was like this for me too. We'd talked about the idea - and at first our feelings were very different - he didn't want any, and I was pretty sure that I would want another one someday, but not in the near future. Then about a year ago I started getting very broody - the past three months it's been on my mind, and I finally brought it up to OH about six weeks ago. At first he was dead set on waiting three years, then two years, but now - all other things going to plan in the meantime - we're thinking of trying in December / January. I'm not bringing up the subject with him, but I think now the seed has been planted in his mind its coming up more and more in every day conversation and he's starting to feel excited about the idea.

I agree - once the topic is out there it will be talked about a lot. We have always said we would have kids one day in the future but it wasnt untill i got really broody i asked him when and i think i litrally came out with it just like that! It was when we had a scare that changed his mind and seeing other people around him becoming parents that made him think and he realised he wanted it to be us (in 8 months lol) xxx

my man keeps procrastinating and i cant pin him down to a date at all it killing me but he took me to get my implanon replaced and i feel so low about the whole thing its all i want me him and baba.
he wont talk about it unless i bring it up and he dont want to speak about it even though he want to be a dad some day.

but yet when Im low he sees it and says "whats up tell me" and when I do he says "not yet" bills and house 1st.

all I want is date to get implanon out :( :(

Well we never brought it up b/c we just GOT pregnant using the pull out method in 2007. Then after that it was just like hey, I wanna try again. This time was harder but I basicly just said it and kept talking about it until he finally agreed to do it this November.

Well done on bringing it up... it took me two years to bring it up once the baby fever kicked in. The response I got was not so good but it is improving through time :)

So glad you're making progress and you are both wanting the same things :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->