Finally did blood tests. Crap results with *really* high FSH :(

manuiti

Very cautiously PAL
Reaction score
Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been on here for ages but when hubby's away for his 2 months I don't really feel like I belong if ykwim. :flower:

But I'm back now as after 18 months of trying with no luck at all, we've now been in touch with apparently the best RE in the country. He sent me off to to get some initial CD3 blood tests, an xray of my tubes and hubby's to get a sperm analysis when he gets home next.

Well I got my blood test results back yesterday and from what I could gleen on Google, it's not great news. If anyone can explain what these results mean to me I'd be very grateful as it'll be awhile before I can get an appointment with the Dr. and my FSH value is freaking me out. I'd love to have some hope, but also if the news is as dire as I think it is, I'd quite like to know. :cry:

Thank you lovely ladies!

FSH (uM/mL): 25.92 [reference values for follicular phase: 2.5-10.2]
LH (uM/mL): 15.26 [1.9-12.5]
Estradiol 17 (pg/ml): 57.43 [18.9 - 246.7]
Progesterone (ng/ml): 0.84 [0.2-1.4]
Prolactin (mg/mL): 12.59 [2.8 - 29.2]

T3 (ng/ml): 1.05 [ref values for my age: 0.8 - 1.9]
T4 (ng/dL): 10.60 [4.5 - 12.5]
TSH (uUl/mL): 1.80 [0.35 - 5]

Glycemia? (mg/dL): 85
Insulin (uU/ml): 5.14
HOMA-IR: 1.07 [1.4-2.6]

My blood group O-, hubby's O+

I don't know i am sorry. I think some others on here have said amh levels are a more reliable indicator of egg health. A lot are taking supplements that have helped their levels. I am sure some one will pipe in soon.

manuiti - I am sorry your numbers weren't what they *should* be. I am also a "geriatric" mother and am afraid to have mine drawn. Have you tried Clomid? From what I understand, that should help at least a little with the levels.

alison29 - Do you by any chance know what these supplements are?

manuiti - I am sorry your numbers weren't what they *should* be. I am also a "geriatric" mother and am afraid to have mine drawn. Have you tried Clomid? From what I understand, that should help at least a little with the levels.

alison29 - Do you by any chance know what these supplements are?

You can do a search and see if that brings up anything.:thumbup:

Have you tried Clomid? From what I understand, that should help at least a little with the levels.

I haven't tried anything yet, this is us only just giving up on conceiving naturally, so getting a first result like this is a bit of a blow. :nope:

I know some of the ladies on here take DHEA and have seen some positive results from this.

Additionally, FSH fluctuates from month to month so a high level one month may be lower in another. I do believe the AMH test is a better indicator of your ovarian reserve as it does not fluctuate from month to month.

Don't give up hope though - lots of women have high FSH and still get pregnant!! Its not the quantity - its the quality!!

I have low AMH and have had 1 high FSH test and going through my first IVF this month. Hope it helps!

manuiti, i'm sorry about the numbers. :hugs::hugs: however as hockey pointed out, it's not the quantity but the quality.

a few years ago, my aunt tried to conceive her first baby with ivf. she was over 45and had 2 cycles. she said the doctors couldn't find any eggs in either cycle, despite all the shots, drugs etc. she was being assessed for a 3rd cycle when she got pregnant naturally. the baby was born perfectly healthy.

i havent been here that long but just want to add that my FS recommended 75 mg DHEA and 600mg Coenzyme Q10 to improve/maximize egg quality.

Thanks for the words of hope ladies. I really need it and appreciate it so much right now. :flower:

Hubby's being fab too. Although he's away at the moment, he's being really understanding and supportive.

Manuiti-Sorry to hear about your FSH. Mine is high also. I read a great book called Inconceivable that gave me hope. The author was 42 and her FSH was 42. I found it incredibly inspiring. The follow up book called Fertile Female was awesome also. The website is called Fertile Heart. I can't post links on here but there are many articles on the site that you may find helpful as well as many success stories on there of women whose FSH is as high and higher than yours. Some conceive naturally, some conceive with Meds and IVF. I went to the workshop and joined the phone circles. The phone circles help to keep me sane. They are very affordable and for me, it really helps to hear other women on the line who are dealing with the EXACT same things that I am. All the best to you and hope that you get your BFP soon! : )

I know this is a rather late addition to the reply dept....but I saved this link for reference when it came to reading tests.

https://www.drmalpani.com/infertility-laboratory-tests.htm

BTW ..... sure hope you got your answer and everything worked out. GL ladies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->