Finally expecting #2 after ltttc! :)

k4th

Reaction score
:hi: all

I really can't believe I'm posting in here finally!! My dd is 3 years old & hubby and I have been ttc since Oct 2012 with no luck. I have pcos and don't ovulate on my own. This month was my 6th clomid cycle and I was losing all hope.

But Thursday morning brought my :bfp: and I'm so so excited. And nervous. And worried. But mostly totally excited!!

Hoping & praying I've got a sticky bean.

I'm thrilled to be joining you ladies! Wishing everyone a happy & healthy 9 months :flower:

Congratulations. I love it when LTTTC get pregnant.

Congratulations! It took us 2 years ttc our son so I know exactly how you feel. H&H 9 months xx

Thanks everyone!!!

Still just SO excited :)

Mjemma - waiting so long for a rainbow is very painful. Congratulations on your second being on the way too. Wishing you a h&h 9 months too!

K4th
Congratulations!

I have been ttc my second for 16 months and just got my bfp and I am still not believing it tbh.

I was hoping to get into a little group of people that are due around same time if you are interested. I found a little group on her with my dd and it was really lovely to share our journey together xx

K4th
Congratulations!

I have been ttc my second for 16 months and just got my bfp and I am still not believing it tbh.

I was hoping to get into a little group of people that are due around same time if you are interested. I found a little group on her with my dd and it was really lovely to share our journey together xx

Thanks fuschia & congratulations to you too!!! I still have moments where I don't believe it's happening - I'm keeping my frer +I've test on the side though & keep staring at it lol!!

It would be lovely to keep in touch! When are you due? I think I'm due on 25th July :)

I did the same too - i have also done a couple of tests since I found out too!

I am due around the same time - I got a EDD of 24th July when putting my LMP into a due date calculator.

Fertility Friend thinks 28th July - based on me ovulating on day 19 rather than the 'standard' 14!

Are you having any symptoms at all?

I did the same too - i have also done a couple of tests since I found out too!

I am due around the same time - I got a EDD of 24th July when putting my LMP into a due date calculator.

Fertility Friend thinks 28th July - based on me ovulating on day 19 rather than the 'standard' 14!

Are you having any symptoms at all?

I'm trying not to test again - I know I'll just worry about how dark the line is/isn't. That said I've almost left the house three times today for more tests lol!

My symptoms seem to come and go. I'm having some waves of nausea and my bbs are tender sometimes. I had some cramping last week which must have been implantation because it's gone now :shrug:

How about you? It's lovely to find someone due so close!! :)

Yesterday my bbs were pretty sore but I've barely noticed this today.

I had quite a bit of tugging and pulling around uterus this afternoon - I think I remember that before when everything is starting to adjust!

Did u just do 1 frer?
I had Internet cheapies free with the preseed I bought- so I was doing one of those each day and they are meant to be very sensitive - but my bfp started as a shadow one day then the next it was just a darker shadow- so I went to buy frer and the line came up as soon as the pee went up the test! I also did a clear blue digi as I like seeing it in black and white ! X

My bbs were fine this morning & are on FIRE now. Lol - quite like a good symptom though!!

Yep - just did one frer. I've very impressed with myself! It's the only test I had in the house - used the last of my cheapies last month. Very tempted to buy a cb digi & test on sat to see if I can get a 3+ on it though :blush:

I had some ics left so I have been doing one a day and seeing progress which is nice!

I'm feeling so cautious though that in not allowing myself to be excited !

We have a holiday booked in May which I now can't go on ( it's a cruise) and hubby keeps pushing to move it closer so we can still go but I'm just feeling it's too early to be making changes like that !

We plan to get an early scan - u got any plans like that? X

We have a holiday booked in May too!! Just a beach holiday & while I think I might be able to fly I'm not sure about whether my consultants (I have three & will be classed as a high risk pregnancy) will actually allow me to. Feel a bit bad though - have booked to go with dd, hubby and parents so will be cancelling everyone's else's holiday too :(

Like you I don't want to make any changes yet though just in case.

I was on clomid so when I rang gynae to tell them about my :bfp: they said all clomid pregnancies get an early scan at 7 weeks. They are going off the date of my last period though & I know I ov'd cd22. They don't believe me so it will actually be 6 weeks so I don't expect to see anything much lol!

How about you? Early scan? When do you think you'll start telling people? I've only told hubby & we've agreed to keep quiet until Christmas. I'll only be 9 weeks then but not drinking will be a dead giveaway for my friends & family.

I see - may I ask why you will be high risk?

I think I will be high risk as my BMI is over 30- I was last time then handed back at about 32 weeks when I didn't get any complications .
You can fly until about 35 or 37 weeks- we booked holiday knowing in the most extreme case - I will still be able to go but if course thinking it's so unlikely I will get pregnant soon as we had tried 16months! However we didn't check the rules with the cruise which say no more than 24 weeks !
My 1st pregnancy I had told my parents by now !

This time I plan not to tell anyone till 12 weeks of I can help it! I think thts around 2nd week of jan!

Will u hope to announce on Xmas day?
I barely drink so won't look strange not drinking - so that's handy!
I have a few people I will tell soon- my acupuncturist who I think has really helped me! And a friend of mine I was having reflexology with as she will prob wonder why I'm not booking an appointment and she has been so helpful and supportive !

I have ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenia - a bit of a mouthful lol!). It means my immune system destroys platelets in my blood which means my blood doesn't clot well. It will depend on what my blood counts look like. I have two haemotologists who I think might let me fly if my platelet count is stable, but I haven't met my obstetrician yet and he/she may disagree!! I didn't have it when I was expecting dd so I have no idea how it will be dealt with :shrug:

My first pregnancy we told parents and our siblings at 5 weeks. We're hoping that if everything looks ok at the 7 week scan we'll feel a bit better about letting them all know early. I'll be 9 weeks & we'll tell them Christmas Day all being well.

I might tell my manager - she knew about my fertility treatment. But otherwise we're waiting until jan.

Did you get extra scans when you were treated as high risk? Did they do any extra tests etc? I'm trying to figure out how high risk pregnancy might be treated differently?

Oh wow that really is a mouthful! I hope it is easily manageable throughout your pregnancy :)

The difference was that I was consultant led so I had appointments with the consultant in addition to the mid wives and I had 1 extra scan at 32 weeks.

That was just for being overweight though so it will prob be different for you - u may have more scans !

I had 3 extra private scans last time in addition to the 3 on the nhs- just helped to reassure me!

I am so hoping that I can have a scan at 7 weeks and hear the heartbeat- I did that with dd and it was such a wonderful moment ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->