Finally found baby with doppler!

Mummafrog

New FTM to baby girl
Reaction score
Me and my partner are over the moon, we got to hear our bumpkin for the first time just now, I'm into my twelth week but I have a tilted uterus and I'm not thin so it hasn't been easy. It was quiet but unmistakable, it was 170-180bpm. I am just so relieved because scan day is Thursday and now I've heard baby I will feel much more calm on the day :cloud9: Both of us cried and my stomach flipped, I am starting to believe there is a baby in there!

Love to all of you :hugs:

I JUST ordered my Doppler today!
I'm excited, though my husband thinks if i cant find the heartbeat i will freak out. My closest friend said the same thing. ugh

I know i wont freak out, cause ill attribute it to me not knowing what the heck i'm doing, or it being to early. I've seen the heartbeat at an early Ultrasound last week, so i know its there.
Any tips?
Not even sure when its coming....tracking # isnt working.

Well that's the thing, you've just got to remember how tiny the heart actually is and how it could still be hiding under your pubic bone and the placenta so it's really hard to hear early on.

The best way to do it, I have found (and also seen because I'm a midwifery student!) is to use lost of gel, start very low, just off the pubic bone and find the whooshing sound which might have a pulsing sound in it, this should be somewhere in the middle of your tummy, either side near your hips you'll find a pulse but that's not placenta or baby. Then once you've found the whoosing/wind sound with a pulse, you hold the doppler there and angle it around slowly in different ways until you find baby, if you can't find baby you can move a little bit. It takes patience, especially early on!

I couldn't find mine for a long time and there are all sorts of reasons for that :) Good luck!! xx

Thank you! I promise not to freak. I'm sure it will just be user error if i don't find it. :)

I tried last night but got nothing. LOL I know I'm wayyyyy early, but I just couldn't resist. I didn't go down as far as my pubic bone though, so I may try tomorrow night. I could hear my arteries near my hips, and some other interesting sounds, but no wooshing from the placenta and no heartbeat other than my own. I may have been up a tad high.

Now when you say angle it "down", you mean like towards your feet, right? How hard are you pressing onto your stomach?

I found mine last weekend too :):) best time to use it is in the morning before getting out of bed when your bladders full and your bellys empty :) mine was just to the left of the centre of my pubic bone and angled downwards and to the right :) it's the best sound!! X

Aww, congrats! :D

Since so many of you are getting Dopplers, does anyone have any particular recommendation for one?

I'm ordering the sonoline b tomorrow :D I borrowed my friends doppler but I don't think it was a well known make and it was meant for 12 to 14 weeks and up so I'm lucky I heard it so early!! Haha x

We found our babys last night but only for 5 or so seconds, im 10weeks so was so suprised to find it, makes it all seem real, love the home dopplers

Yes the sonoline B sounds like the best, angelsounds is the one I have and it's the cheapest. Angelsounds works fine but I think you can find it a lot earlier with the sonoline B :)

The baby will still be nessled deep in your pelvis, so under your pubic bone, before at least ten weeks, so that early it seems people are only finding it by putting the doppler just above the pubic bone and angling the doppler down so the waves go under the bone and reach baby. Now I am twelve weeks I can find it a bit above the pubic bone, which is easier, but also there is more places it can run around so I have to chase it! hehe :hugs: and good luck to all, let us know how you do! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->