Finally here.. But waters have broke at 28wks

someone23

Reaction score
Hey ladies as the title says. I've been in hospital for a week now for threaten labor. Sent home Friday. And woke up to broken waters on Sat morning. I'll be hospitalized until i deliver which our goal is 34wks. I'm still happy to be here and made it this far. Congrats to all you ladies.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this! How scary! But I'm sure you're in the best possible place to ensure the safety of you and baby. *HUGS*

Fx for 34 weeks! Please keep us all updated - I'll be thinking about you!

And welcome to the 3rd tri :)

Very best wishes for the next several weeks! Fingers crossed baby stays put for as long as possible.

I'm so sorry for the scare and having to be in the hospital. Wishing you a smooth few weeks and a delivery.

Are they giving you anything to prevent infection though? I had always heard that you had to deliver within 24-72 hours of waters breaking because of the risk of infection to the baby.

Thanks ladies. I'm praying everything goes Smooth these next few weeks. Since ruptured I've been on 2 different antibiotics 3x a day. So far so great! They really trying to keep this baby in long as possible. Its scary knowing you're going to have a preemie no matter what.😢 but all prayers are welcomed and i appreciate you ladies 😊💜

Aww glad to hear they are being proactive. If it helps, my siblings and I were all born around 32 weeks and we turned out pretty freaking awesome ;)

Aww you poor thing. It must be scary and it also sucks being stuck in hospital.
My neighbour's water broke early too and she was able to keep baby in there until he was safe to come out. He didn't even need time in NICU because he was a decent weight :) best of luck

This can be so scary and stressful, but the good news is your baby will get stronger every single day. Each day is a victory and your care team can help him grow stronger as well. I have a friend whose water broke around 20 weeks and was able to keep her kiddo in for a LONG time afterwards even though the doctor's had given up on him. He's going to be 10 in november!

Will be thinking of you!

Hey ladies as the title says. I've been in hospital for a week now for threaten labor. Sent home Friday. And woke up to broken waters on Sat morning. I'll be hospitalized until i deliver which our goal is 34wks. I'm still happy to be here and made it this far. Congrats to all you ladies.

Hey ! Survivor of PROM here. I got a "slow puncture" in my waters from 26+6 . Was in for a week , given steroids and antibiotics. Then they appeared to seal up . Rather than risk infection at hospital (much more likely than at home ) I was sent home and was on strict bed / sofa rest . Was back in twice a week for swabs , bloods , CTG . Was admitted at 30 week for a week as was leaking again. Went home , AGAIN :haha: . Then at 32+3 I went to my usual day clinic appt told midwife I had unusual discharge but she was satisfied I was Ok. Few hours later my bump had gone pink and I had s Low grade fever and was contracting sporadically. Dr's decided I'd done well getting that far . So induced me . Sadly after 12hrs I didn't progress. So i had an emcs. Ella was a mammoth 5lb3 . Had a wobbly first 48hrs , but was solely breastfed by day 10 and home day 12 .:cloud9: she's now a rather sassy pants ten year old and tallest in her class .:cloud9: I've attached her NICU photo xx

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1500066901253.jpg
    FB_IMG_1500066901253.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 27
Hope baby manages to stay in longer for u, my baby is nearly a month old and he was born at 30 weeks he's in special baby care now and he's doing well

Hey ladies an update I know it's been awhile.. but baby was born at 28 w 4 d he stayed in nicu 2 months ! His birth weight was 2 14 .. he's home going on 5 months and weighs almost 15lbs.. he's happy & healthy

Hey ladies an update I know it's been awhile.. but baby was born at 28 w 4 d he stayed in nicu 2 months ! His birth weight was 2 14 .. he's home going on 5 months and weighs almost 15lbs.. he's happy & healthy

Sounds like he is doing really well. <3

Sounds like he is doing really well.

<3

He is! Thanks everyone for your prayers. I will be here again within 14 weeks as we're expecting again & I'm 14 weeks along.. hopefully we won't have to go through another early birth..

Sounds like he is doing really well.

<3

He is! Thanks everyone for your prayers. I will be here again within 14 weeks as we're expecting again & I'm 14 weeks along.. hopefully we won't have to go through another early birth..

Hey !! I'm so pleased All went well and you have a healthy boy :hugs: . Huge congratulations on being pregnant again :hugs:

Glad all is well with your baby and congrats on the irish twin pregnancy! Lots of luck and well wishes!

That's great news. I'm so glad he's doing well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->