• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finally here!

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
After 6-7 months of lurking on the TTC board, we've finally made the move to First Trimester! :thumbup:

AF was due Saturday, and when she didn't show I decided to try a Wonfo "just for fun" (really didn't think this was our month!) and to my amazement two dark pink lines appeared. After a frantic rush to the drug store for a Clearblue Digital, some chugged water and two more BFPs, I'm convinced. We're actually pregnant!

I'm trying not to get toooo excited, as I did miscarry at 19. But with that pregnancy, the second line was always super faint... I'm hoping that the good dark lines are a good sign.

Can't decide when to break the news to my mom and my MIL... I know they'll both be ecstatic, but I want to be cautious in the event of something going wrong. Does anyone have any input on this? Two of my good friends know at this point.

I have a Dr. appt scheduled for Wednesday for a blood draw and I'll get a referral to an OB/GYN at that point, hopefully to schedule my 12wk US!

Congratulations! I had a miscarriage 4 months ago. People aren't as excited and telling me not to say. I understand why they are saying this but personally I want to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. If something happens then I can look back at how happy I was rather than how sad and worried. I haven't done any shopping this time but I am making the most of talking and singing to my wee care bear x

Congrats! We decided to wait until we hear the heartbeat to tell our extended family (told MIL and mom already). They say after you hear the heartbeat chances of a miscarriage drop to less than 10%. Some women wait until after the first trimester tho.....personal choice.

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I couldn't wait to tell my family. I told them the day after I found out! I had a M/C scare at around 7 weeks so when I went in to the ER they did an U/S and showed a little heartbeat! After I saw that I told a few more people. Now I'm 13 weeks and officially made the big Facebook post! So happy for you!!! Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months!

Congratulations!!!!:happydance: Hoping you have a sticky bean.

I miscarried 3 years ago at 10 weeks and have been trying ever since, I'm so worried about everything I can barely breathe but I was still so excited, all of my closest friends and family know. I couldn't hold it in! I don't think there's any harm in telling the people closest to you!!

Good luck :) xx

Congratulations hun! I always have told people early on, in my opinion if something bad was going to happen it still will whether i tell people or not and at least if people know you have the support and love from your loved ones if something bad did happen. Xxx

Thanks for the responses, ladies! I've decided to tell my mother on Sunday over coffee (before we head to one of my older sister's baby showers!) since she is already a grandma to whole army of grandbabies (I don't feel the need to get creative lol). My in-laws, on the other hand, have no grandchildren and this little cupcake will be their first. They live a bit further away, so I plan to mail my mother-in-law either a set of blocks I found on Etsy that are adorable and say "The Best Parents Get Promoted to Grandparents," along with a card saying "Promotion Effective on or around July 5th, 2014" OR sending them a little onesie with "Coming July 2014!" screenprinted on it. Anyone like one idea over the other?

And assuming all goes well, I will have my nieces announce the news to the rest of my family on Thanksgiving.

Still very surreal, all of this... I'm bloated as all hell, have to pee every 30 minutes (also drinking water religiously,) and insatiably hungry. Here's to hoping this all works out! :happydance:

Congrats, how exciting for you!! We'd been TTC for quite awhile before getting our BFP and most of our immediate family members knew we had been trying so we told immediate family and a few close friends pretty soon after we found out. (I agree with the idea that if something was going to happen, I would want them to know anyway.)

Love the cute ideas you have for telling your in-laws! I'm sure they'll be ecstatic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->