Reaction score
Name: Benjamin John Phillips
Weight: 7lb 12.5oz
Length: 49.5cm
Due Date: 20/2/2009
Born On: 5/3/2009 (42 weeks)
Time: 5:59pm
Place: Stafford General Hospital
Labour: Irregular contractions for approx 40 hours, established labour 5 hours 27 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya - Finally after what seemed like a never-ending waiting February mummy I had my little boy last week! Thought I would give you my birth story now that daddy has him! (well daddy is playing xbox and ben is watchin next to him!!!)

The birth went ok, from what I remember - the birth plan was a waste of time tho as I was hoping for a water birth!..

My waters went on the Tuesday evening whilst lying on the bed at 8:20pm with one hell of a pop and after going in to the hospital they sent me home cos my contractions werent regular, so after a night of no sleep cos of the irregular contractions we went in the next morning .. after 4 hours they sent me home for another bad day and night .... at this point I had had no sleep for about 48 hours and was knackered!

Its now Thursday and the day i was due to be induced anyway .. they hooked me up to a drip just after 9am, cranking it up every 30 mins ... started on gas and air about 11am ish ... then at about 1pm I had a Pethidine injection (I wasnt screaming or moaning, I was quietly grimacing through each contraction) she just said 'would u like some?' so i said yeah I could do with some please!.. after that I dont remember much until they asked me if i needed to push at about 5pm! I also had lots of hot packs for my back cos the back pain was unbearable!

There was 4 of us women all pushing at the same time in the surrounding rooms and so we could basically all hear each other, grunting and groaning! - I think the midwifes were placing bets!! Anyway cos of the shortage of midwifes at this point Steve had to get the 'dirty' end and help, by holding my leg! Needless to say he was a complete star and I am so proud for him at least not passing out. The giving birth to the head was the hardest bit I have ever had to do and I really wasnt expecting the force at which I would need to push. After the head was out his heartrate slowed and the midwife had to basically pull him out on my next push - to which he pooed at the same time! He gave a short cry and then was wiped and placed on my chest where he sat contented and staring at me.

Benjamin John Phillips was born at 5:58pm, and all 4 women had boys within 30 mins of each other. He weighed 7lb 12.5oz and is 49.5cm long.

Steve cut the cord and we spent 2 1/2 hours recovering before I went to the ward and Steve unfortunatly had to leave at 9pm ... They wanted to keep me in 48 hours due to the time between waters breaking and delivery but cos everything was well they let me go after 24 hours instead.

Most insane time I had ever experienced - the baby blues have kicked in atm .... but i'm sure given time I will have another! So after a pregnancy of no stretch marks and morning sickness and a birth with no rips or tears the last 9 months have gone pretty well!!

Now breast-feeding fine although unforunatly its every 2 hours atm and completely knackering but Im sure that will change. He has already gained weight at his first weigh-in and doing well with just a little bit of dry skin and a little bit of fluid on the chest.

I want to thank everyone for all their kind messages of support and help and advice through-out this pregnancy and also in the years to come! This is a great forum, keep up the good work and best wishes to everyone out there whatever stage you are at :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• 012b.jpg
    012b.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 024b.jpg
    024b.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 032b.jpg
    032b.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 80
Congratulations hun! :hugs::happydance: He's gorgeous. Well done. xx

Congratulations! He's darling!

Aww so cute. Congratulations hun!
The baby blues will pass soon too, I blubbed my eyes out for days as well!

Congrats! He is beautiful :) The blues will pass, its all of those hormones going through you combined with lack of sleep, food, breastfeeding, etc.

CONGRATULATIONS X he is sooo cute x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->