Time: 10:56am
Place: Stafford General Hospital
Labour: Waters broke 10pm 24/6/11, established labour: 5 hours

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:blue: Here's the birth story of my second little blue bundle of joy :blue:

Thursday 23rd

3pm: Sweep done by Midwife @ 40+4 weeks

Friday 24th

10pm: Waters break whilst sat on the bed, coincidently sat in exactly the same place they went last time. Went to toilet and more gushes followed by loss of most of my plug. Rang the hospital and they say to come in and have a check of me to make sure everything’s ok :)

10:30pm: Get to hospital, shown to a room, all things checked over. Up to this point no contractions as such just niggles, then they start every 10 mins. Examined and found to be 1cm dilated, contractions were then coming every 5 mins! Midwife commented on how strong and quick they were coming. Sent home and told to return when can’t take no more! lol

12pm: Got home, put on TENS machine and tried to 'relax' and 'sleep' - fat chance! Contractions killed me when I lay down. Tried the bath.... nope!

Saturday 25th

4am: Couldn’t take anymore so went back to hospital, I was now 3cm dilated. Contractions every 3-5 mins. I was given Gas and Air and had my TENS still at this point - I had to get to 4cm to be allowed in the pool.

6am: 4cm!! Pool was run and I was allowed in. This helped a little but I personally found that it just replaced the TENS and wasn’t of significant increase in helping with the contraction pain.

7am: Got out of pool and moved into nice second room with cushions, sofa etc etc!! Continued on just Gas and Air for a short while until couldn’t take anymore and asked for Pethadine.

At this point all I really remember every now and again is the midwifes saying 'she’s very quiet', 'she’s really in the zone' lol .....

8am: Given pethadine, not as effective as last time but certainly allowed me to doze off every now and again, and also Steve to doze on the sofa!!

10am: Asked if Id like to go for a wee, I agreed, couldn’t wee but had one hell of a contraction going back to the bed needing to push - midwife examined me and I was fully dilated.

For the next hour all I remember is MW telling me just to go with what my body wants, each contraction try to bear down on my bottom and pull my legs back to my chest. I remember asking Steve for sips of drink in-between and apparently I kept telling him I loved him which was amusing for him and midwife!

When the head was crowning, I had to do little pushes to get it out, at this point I did break my silence and start to groan and moan at the pushing! Bloody awful - a lot worse than I remember Bens to have been, the stinging was off the scale. Eventually his head was out and next massive push so was his body!

Born 10:56am!!

He was born and subsequently covered me/midwife and himself in masses of meconium. He gave a little yelp and then went limp and quiet to which the midwife whacked the alarm button (never seen anyone enter the room as quick as the next midwife - she must have been listening at the door lol!) Some vigorous rubbing etc. later and he was ok ...

Baby was weighed, checked etc, I delivered the placenta whilst daddy had a cuddle too which I asked if the midwife could show us the placenta. She showed us the major bits to it and explained how it worked - very interesting! Luckily that was delivered whole and perfect, babies Apgar scores were recorded at 8 and 9. No tears or stitches needed - yay!!!

He went to the breast for milk; midwife brought me the equivalent of a loaf of bread for toast and tea! And then as Steve went to the car to get the 'babies bag' I badly threw up all the water/tea and toast I had eaten covering everything. It was then noticed I had swelled up, all over. Hands and feet had gone red/white botchy and my toes and fingers had no spaces between them ... midwife then decided I needed watching for a bit, Steve went to get a bacon and egg bap from the patisserie in the foyer and we spent time relaxing as a little family ... which carried on after we went to the ward at about 1:30pm. Ben arrived with Grandma at about 3:30pm eager to see new baby!

Stayed in overnight, had quite a good night, only one other lady in the room with me (her baby boy was in NICU born 6 weeks early but fine). Swelling decreased but keeping an eye on it via home now. Went home on the Sunday at 1pm after being discharged.

That is our hospital adventure! :thumbup:

I want to thank everyone for all their kind messages of support and help and advice through-out this pregnancy and also in the years to come! I also want to send my deepest love and thanks to my wonderful supportive Fiance, who without him I could not have done this alone, Love you lots my darling and heres to the future as a little family with our 2 gorgeous boys.

This is a great forum, keep up the good work and best wishes to everyone out there whatever stage you are at in your parenting journey!

x

In Pool
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3340.jpg

Just Born!
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3343.jpg

Being Weighed:
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3361.jpg

First Feed:
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3366.jpg

First meeting with big brother:
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3389.jpg

My Boys!
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3414.jpg

At Home!
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/Baby%202/IMG_3439.jpg​

What a beautiful family you have. Congratulations on the new addition!

It sounds like you did so well :D and no tears or stitches woot!
Loved reading this. Congratulations again :hugs:

Congratulations hun, you all look so happy, well done xx

gorgeous hun, lovely pics :) cant wait to meet him, congratulations to you, Steve and big brother Ben.

Beautiful story Gem, I can't believe our babies are here but want to thank you for allowing me to share the journey with you xx

Ty everyone!!!!

No problem Claire, ty too - here's to following each other in our journey as mummies of 2! Each of our babies still very close in days :D

x

beautiful birth story hun and beautiful lil man :cloud9:

huge congrats to all of you!

ur pic of ur boys, brings a tear to my every time i look at it awwww xxxx

Awwwwwww... what a lovely birth story!! :cloud9: So thrilled for you sweetie!! Huge congrats to you and Steve!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

xxxx

Awwwwwww... what a lovely birth story!! :cloud9: So thrilled for you sweetie!! Huge congrats to you and Steve!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

xxxx

Awww what a lovely birth story hun, I really enjoyed reading that! I'm glad you mentioned about seeing the placenta as that's something I'd really like when I give birth, I never got to see it with Lexie. Huge congrats again hun, you have such a beautiful little family! x

Awwww Congrats!! I love the photos!!! And ur polar bear hehe I got one of them too :)
Ur boys are amazing hun! Congrats again x

i asked to see my placenta too, mine was all flat and funny shaped at the top, took ages to deliver and they went rumouging for left overs :rofl:

vagely remember saying i reckon dh should eat it, and he threw up :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->