Finally made it over here!

waiting2c

Reaction score
Finally have made it to 3rd Tri! Feels like the last couple of weeks of second took forever!

Am due officially 3rd September but will hopefully be an elective C-Section due to prior issues so will be earlier.

Question I have is: I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes this time around and have started checking my sugars etc as of yesterday. The nurse at the clinic told me that this would mean they would easily agree with my desire for a C section but wont set a date until they know when they will want to take the baby out. I always thought they didnt do this before 39 weeks (thats what they told me when scheduled section for my daughter) so I have based my work timetable etc around this idea. Now I am wondering if this means it could be earlier. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Most likely will be based on baby's size around 30-35 weeks. If your Dr thinks baby will be cooked earlier based on size, they may do then!

:wacko: :sick: That feels way too soon.

Have a growth scan on Wednesday next week and then every 2 weeks from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aim for 38 weeks. 37 if huge and your GD is a concern for you/baby's health. But if you maintain good sugars and diet, heck you might go to 39+!

38 weeks I can live with, 39 is great, anything more starts being meh again lol!

Will see what the size is next week. Wont be shocked if end up on meds for it next week as its the fasting result that I am high on, so far (in two days of tracking) my 2 hour sugar levels are well within what they want them to be.

Well, all I can say is, I hope you and baby stay nice and safe. :cloud9: I love that you have 1 foot in both the August and Sept bumps journals, so I can't wait to see where the cards land. Looking like August tho!!

Thanks!! Yeah I am straddling both groups lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->