Finally ready to announce baby name

Butterball Ma

Due date Nov. 22nd!
Reaction score
We've had our boy's name picked out since before he was conceived, but have been reluctant to tell anyone. When we were pregnant last year, we shared the names with MIL and her reaction was...blah...I, of course, second-guessed our choices and we changed them. So, that's why we've been so tight-lipped this time. At the same time, though, we love the name and want to share it.

I got to see my grandparents (who live 500 miles away) last weekend and decided to tell them, since they haven't been able to be as physically involved due to distance. Well...they loved it! Their reactions were amazing and I almost wanted to cry, I was so worried. We've been calling LO by his name for a month now and it truly is his name, so it's great to know that other people love it, too.

Tomorrow, we tell MIL :shrug: I think she'll do better because DH actually called her out on it after last time. After my U/S on Thursday, we'll announce to the Facebook crew. I'm hoping to get positive responses, but not worried if I don't. Like I said, it's his name, regardless.

Our little guy's name is Maverick Willoughby. Maverick, because, well, it's just stuck with me for a long time. I had mentioned it to DH and he just loved it right away. My DH is very anti-establishment, so naming his boy "non-conformist" just works, and he loves the sound of it. Willoughby is DH's maternal grandfather's last name. He had 2 daughters, so no one to carry on the family name; DH wanted to honor him as he was very influential in his life.

Now, I know people will automatically assume he's named after Top Gun. He's not, but at least everyone loves that movie, lol. We've already planned on being cheeky and getting him a stuffed goose for his room and a onesie that says, "Talk to me, Goose," lol. Do you think they make baby aviators? :rofl: There's also a basketball team and cheapy cigarettes called Maverick, but I'm not too worried about that.

DH calls him "Mav" and DD has started calling him "Micky." I can't wait to meet him!

There. I feel better now for sharing the secret. Thanks, ladies!

Love it!! Nice story behind the middle too.

So glad you had good reactions :)

I really like it! I know what it's like to love a name and be scared to share it. OH and I have our boys name picked even though we are still waiting to try, so much so that we even talk about our future children and refer to them by name. Great choice!

its not my cup of tea, but it had a lovely meaning behind it, its uncommon and sounds very cool xx

Thanks, mum. I know it's...different. And I'm ok with that. I know you won't be the first with those thoughts, but as long as no one's hateful, I can handle that.

I love it - its an excellent name! Stick to your guns (top gun get it... hehe) and go for it!

I love how confident you are with your name choice I really Wish I was the same! :rofl: I dont actually have any negative opinions on the name Iv got the top gun association but I think its great x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->