Finally trying them!

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
This weekend has been an adventure in trying out the cloth nappies. Finally! So far, so good. Except I think I might have a uber heavy wetter on my hands! I put a flat (one that you fold over into thirds..??) cloth diaper as an insert into the BG AIO and STILL need to change it about every 2 hours or less! :shock: Is that normal? NO WAY this would manage overnight! :nope:

Despite that, they are providing a great break for his skin! :happydance:

https://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx223/TigerLady_Otter/IMG_1396.jpg

I would think with the AIO it shouldn't be quite that fast but they do need to be changed much more often than disposables so it's an adjustment switching over. Was it the organic aio? If so it might just need to be washed some more before it's fully absorbent so that might have been the issue

He's so cute!!

No, they are the older AIOs with sizes -- that is a large he is wearing and barely fits him! He's only 5 months old today!! :haha:

Hmmm the only nappies that i've found really good for heavy wetting are cushietushies? (or how ever you sp that :dohh:) They are the only ones that Tabs can go over night in?

My LO is younger but he is a heavy wetter and I use bamboozles overnight and they really absorb well. I have a hemp insert for extra protection. I also recently bought 3 kissaluvs - which are cotton and they wear with a cover. REALLY good review from me fo far!!! Easily one of the most absorbent diapers I have!
xx

He had a Nana Bottom AIO on last night with an insert -- that seemed to absorb better. Still not brave enough to try overnight though. :haha:

Are bamboo inserts supposed to be more absorbant?

Bamboo is really absorbent, I love my bamboo stuff

Yeah, I prefer my bamboo inserts! More expensive but defo worth it...these are what Caitlyn uses overnight. Bought her a bamboo blueberry for this purpose tehe! Liam wouldn't let me have one without a reason so this is the reason I came up with tehe! :blush:

Good thinking, Twig! :thumbup:

Twig, have you posted in the flash your stash yet? I want to see pics of all Moo's dipes! :mrgreen:

yeh bamboo is really good! i had leyla in a pocket nappy the other day with one of my bamboo inserts and a microfibre cloth and it lasted 5 hours!! and probably would have gone longer but we were going to bed so i had to change her, it was sooo thin aswell haha, i normally have 2 fat microfibre inserts, plus another one inside and its sooo bulky, in my wonderoos shes normally on the fully opened size but with the bamboo she was on the smallest :shock:

people (thelilbump!) have laughed at me about how much padding i use but it never sunk in till then lmao

x

<--- is now going to have to shell out some dough for bamboo! :haha:

After Xmas! :mrgreen:

I use hemp inserts and thick cotton terry inserts.

hemp is really absorbent but it is much slower to soak up the wetness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->