Finally...

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
Announced my pregnancy to the world last night. I hate keeping secrets so feel relieved and excited. We only lasted almost 8 weeks before announcing last time so managed almost 10 this time. A little improvement
:haha:

Also is anyone suffering from trapped wind? Had it a lot over the last few days. I've got some rennie deflatine and they're helping a lot

I can't wait to announce to the world, were waiting until we've had our twelve week scan which is a week tomorrow! :) a few close friends and family know but that's it. X

Brave lady but whatever floats your boat =) My sister and my Best friend are pregnant before me and haven’t announced yet. My sister is having her 12 week scan Wednesday and then I am having mine next Tuesday so I will probably announce when I have had my scan =) xx

I'm desperate to announce to the world. Though I've told a few people I feel bad not letting all our friends and family know.

My scan is also a week tomorrow and I can't wait. And then I'll be allowed to tell everyone.:happydance:

I've had two scans already and heard the heartbeat so thought is go for it. I'm not superstitious :)

Aww so exciting!
I'm waiting to 12 weeks again to announce, but I can't wait :)

I bet it feels good to do that! I have my 12 week scan this week and we are waiting to announce till after that! Only a few close friends and family know at this point!

I'm 12 weeks today and I'm dying to announce it! We took pictures for our official pregnancy announcement on Saturday. We've told a few people but I can't wait to announce it to the world.

Unfortunately, the secret got out at work last week. We got a new girl who doesn't have a lot of, uh, manners or tact. I didn't realize she was reading my emails over my shoulder (who does that?!) when I made the mistake of opening a baby related email and she excitedly yelled "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?" so that half the entire building must've heard. I hate that people don't understand that you don't out someone when you figure out they're pregnant - it wasn't her news to announce!

I quickly said no, I'm not, and then left the room. I'm getting pretty sick of denying it and pretending I'm not, it feels like I'm betraying the baby! Nobody has said anything since, so I'm hoping they just thought it was a mistake on her part, but things are going to be real awkward when I announce it this week or next, thanks to her.

I also had a friend almost out me on facebook. He's a male coworker that I was close to a few months ago, and he was really supportive of our TTC journey. I told him when I got pregnant, but unfortunately, right around that time he got fired for being sexually inappropriate to clients. As soon as he was no longer in my workplace, he started bombarding me with sexual comments all the time, to the point where I basically stopped talking to him. The last straw was when he made a comment on Facebook indicating that I'm pregnant - unfortunately, I didn't see it right away and it was up for over 12 hours. I removed it and blocked him from every source of social media possible.

why are people so eager to out a pregnant woman!!

I'm 12 weeks today and I'm dying to announce it! We took pictures for our official pregnancy announcement on Saturday. We've told a few people but I can't wait to announce it to the world.

Unfortunately, the secret got out at work last week. We got a new girl who doesn't have a lot of, uh, manners or tact. I didn't realize she was reading my emails over my shoulder (who does that?!) when I made the mistake of opening a baby related email and she excitedly yelled "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?" so that half the entire building must've heard. I hate that people don't understand that you don't out someone when you figure out they're pregnant - it wasn't her news to announce!

I quickly said no, I'm not, and then left the room. I'm getting pretty sick of denying it and pretending I'm not, it feels like I'm betraying the baby! Nobody has said anything since, so I'm hoping they just thought it was a mistake on her part, but things are going to be real awkward when I announce it this week or next, thanks to her.

I also had a friend almost out me on facebook. He's a male coworker that I was close to a few months ago, and he was really supportive of our TTC journey. I told him when I got pregnant, but unfortunately, right around that time he got fired for being sexually inappropriate to clients. As soon as he was no longer in my workplace, he started bombarding me with sexual comments all the time, to the point where I basically stopped talking to him. The last straw was when he made a comment on Facebook indicating that I'm pregnant - unfortunately, I didn't see it right away and it was up for over 12 hours. I removed it and blocked him from every source of social media possible.

why are people so eager to out a pregnant woman!!

I know! I had told one of my closest friends who I work with weeks ago and she has kept it to herself but she told me that the violin teacher who I don't even know to speak to walked into my bosses office and told her I'm pregnant. My boss of all people! I have absolutely no idea how she even knows or why she would care or think it's her place to tell anyone. So upset. It isn't their news

I'm sorry that happened to you. But people just can't seem to keep a lid on it once somebody is pregnant. Back when I was only 4 weeks, I told my mother in law that I didn't want to tell many people until after the 12 week mark. A couple days later she came and told me that she had told all of her neighbors! I didn't care so much because I don't know any of her neighbors, but I did tell her that if I do miscarry or something bad happens, it's now on her to tell everyone that she told. That didn't seem to phase her though, she keeps telling everyone she can. She told her book club, her sewing club, her archery club (she is in a lot of clubs), all the ladies at her old work (she retired three years ago!), all her neighbors, and their family has a cabin up north, and she has told all her neighbors up there too.

If I could do it all again, I would wait to tell anyone at all until after 12 weeks. It's a bummer that you have to restrict your joy because other people can't keep their traps shut, but it's the only way you can make sure that your news gets spread when you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->