Finally!

plutosblue

Mum of 2 & duffed.
Reaction score
Finally, after going through books and books and websites ..

Me and OH gave finally agreed on a name for a boy :rofl: I know there are loads of threads, but I feel this is a triumph!

and the name is.. (drumroll please) Joel!!
.... and for a girl it was Lily (but OH's surname is Gardiner so its a bit funny!!) So now its possibly Alexis (Lexi for short).

:happydance: BRING ON TTC!! Only 5 months and 2 weeks to go! :haha:

So have you guys had problems agreeing on a name? What are your favourites? I know there are loads of name threads out there but after aaaaages of ooming and aaring it feels like a triumph to have finally rested on 2 we like.

Edit:: For those worried about giving strange names - Take a look at this!! https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7522952.stm

" UNUSUAL NAMES-
Legally Allowed: Violence; Number 16 Bus Shelter; Midnight Chardonnay; Benson and Hedges (twins)
Blocked: Yeah Detroit; Stallion; Twisty Poi; Keenan Got Lucy; Sex Fruit; Fat Boy; Cinderella Beauty Blossom; Fish and Chips (twins)"

hi, glad u have agreed on a name, for a girl we have megan but for a boy we just cant agree at all lol x

Love love love Alexis! My godchild's name is Alexis... but they call her Alley for some reason. Not too fond of that. But love Alexis! And Joel is so cute!

Thanks guys, can't believe Bus Shelter is actually a name :wacko: I work in a travel agents and we had a booking for a boy once with the middle name of spaceman :rofl: What is wrong with some people?!

very cute names! My husband and I can't agree on a girl name... uh!

Alex for a boy, Jackie for a girl. Don't really have any backups after those two though, so we may need to put some more thought into it. Hoping no relatives name their kids those names in the meantime! (And if they do, what the hell anyway).

Fish and chips?? Are you serious?!:dohh: Though I suppose No. 16 Bus Shelter is even worse...are the parents trying to say that's where they conceived their kid??!

Edit: oh and Joel is a lovely name, one I don't hear very often, so good choice! My cat's name is Alexis (named after a good friend, no, not meant to be an insult) and I actually like it for a girl's name! I've only heard it used since I met my friend, so it's not that common either!

Fish and chips?? Are you serious?!:dohh: Though I suppose No. 16 Bus Shelter is even worse...are the parents trying to say that's where they conceived their kid??!

Maybe.. :rofl: Can you imagine having dinner.. Bus shelter, come here!!

Uuuuuh lovely names! I know exactly how you feel. We've had our boy's name (Frederick) forever but just can't find a girl's name that we love as much. DH likes Elsa a lot, I think I like Elena but I'm not completely in love with it. I still haven't given up hope that we find THE perfect name at some point though.

your names are lovely

why do people give their children silly names??do they not know that it is very likely that they will be bullied because of it?poor kiddies.

anyway we like mia or summer for a girl,and kai for a boy. i also like lucian but dh not so sure.

We only agreed on Poppy for a girl and didn't have one boys name we agreed on so we were lucky Poppy was a girl! Lord knows what we'll do next time!xx

Love the names! We were actually thinking of naming Mady Alexis with the nickname Lexi. My best friend really wants that name for her future daughter, though, so we decided on Madalynn instead.

We've decided on Elaina (El-ay-na) Michelle for a girl, Elle or Ellie for short and don't have a clue for a boys name yet. We've got a while to think about it though. :)

I don't understand why people give their kids such silly names. I would feel so terrible if I even considered names like that. Just think of how the kids feel.

I cannot believe Cinderella was blocked while Bus Shelter was allowed :haha: that's crazy!!

that website was soo funny! brilliant. poor kiddies though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->