Finally!

natural_mamma

Reaction score
Well if anyone remembers my hubby was against HBing, but guess what? I am 35wks tomorrow, and hubby has decided he didn't know what his issue with it was, and has finally agreed, and is supporting me 100%!

YAY!

That is wonderful news!!! Congratulations.

I do find that even if birthing partners can be a little slow to start with.. they soon become the most avid supporters! Just wait until you have had your homebirth, they just as you, will be telling anyone that will listen what a brilliant experience it was.
Xxx

It's great to hear that he's come around to the idea :thumbup:

When I first mentioned homebirth to my hubby, he freaked out saying that he didn't know how to deliver a baby! I had to explain that there would be a midwife present :haha:

When I first mentioned homebirth to my hubby, he freaked out saying that he didn't know how to deliver a baby! I had to explain that there would be a midwife present :haha:

Haha classic! People do think "home" = "unassisted". Family and friends have definitely thought differently about things when I've told them that there would be two midwives there for the delivery, more than I'd have in the hospital!

Great news hun!

My hubby and I have agreed to disagree really.

He can get why I dont want to go to hospital given what happened last time however he doesnt understand why I would go against recommendation of professionals iykwim?

He will 'allow' the HB (like he has any choice LOL) but I have had to compropmise and say no to a pool as he doesn't want one.

Now although he will be there for me and help he isn't behind me 100 % and really isn't into being a birth partner so I'm kinda doing this alone...I would kill for a doula but have no pennies.

I think he is more scared of things going 'wrong' and has no idea why I wouldnt want to go with the recommendations of the professionals as they clearly know what is best (LOL yeah right).

Also he worries that if I transfer or end up with another EMCS that I'll end up depressed like I was with Dewi - an understandable worry as he really didtn like seeign me so upset over thing that he didtn view in the same way (we have a healthy baby - whats the problem? Men eh?).

I kinda just want to get up in the night and get on with it on my own LOL.

Thanks guys!

Bournefree, thats exactly how I think it'll end up, he will definitely love the experience I think!

RoxyRoo....LOL that is so funny! My DH delivered our last bub at the hospy with a middy overseeing all went well, so he's confident in delivering if the middys not there in time!

Rchiedata, thats exactly it hey, you do have more middy's there, even if it is only 2!

Chuck, Hon, I am wishing you all the very best for your HBAC, I'm sure everything will be PERFECT! I even thing hubby will be a great support when the time comes! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->