Finding baby higher than I thought with doppler?

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
Hiya,

I am using the Sonoline B doppler.
I found baby properly yesterday at 8+2 and again today :happydance:

I'm a little confused though, I spent days looking near my pubic bone but baby is actually about an inch above!? I thought your uterus didn't move above the pelvic bone until after 12 weeks? Is it sooner with subsequent pregnancies?

I'm the same, I searched forever yesterday (first day I got the doppler) and I was searching by my pubic bone but to my surprise baby was quite a bit higher!

Stalking this thread :)

I'm 11 weeks and I found mine about 3.5 inches above my pubic bone! Sooo weird. Just last week it was right on it

My baby is about an inch or two above the pubic bone now but I'm almost 13 wks, 3rd baby 4th pg. Earlier on it was right on the edge of the bone.

I started looking for mine at 12 weeks, super low. I couldn't find it a few days so started looking higher and there it was. It's kind of right between the pubic bone and my belly button.

it starts to move out of the pelvis as soon as youre pregnant, by about 8 weeks its risen higher than your pubic bone and by 12 weeks is starting to protrude forward and over your bladder. Totes normal chick :)

oh and my scans at 6 weeks and 7 weeks were about 2 inches above my pubic bone not far down at all :)

Yep I had a scan today at 9 weeks 1 day she had the scanner about an inch below my belly button and baby was right there so it's definitely moved up

Emma

I'm with all you ladies! I'm only 8+2 and I can feel the top of my fundus right between my belly button and pubic bone. I just ordered my Doppler, so excited! I think every woman's uterus rises at different rates, but it usually happens sooner if you've previously been pregnant :)

Good luck to everyone :)

Third baby for me and I can feel my uterus its quite hard at the front too so defo a baby bump and the crease where my fat hangs over my flange is flattening out so baby is pushing forward :haha:

Fingers crossed you find it soon!
I find a full bladder really helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"