Finding it hard to let down?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to let down quickly these days! Is it likely because my supply is dwindling or because of the pregnancy hormones? Ds is getting a bit frustrated but I can only get him to feed sensibly morning, night and before naps at the mo. (Unless he's ill, then it's more) not sure what else I can do to help myself let down quicker, sometimes it takes a few minutes, whereas before it would be seconds! Any advice would be appreciated :flower:

My lc told me pumping a few min before you nurse can help with your letdown.

No advice, but OMG- another one on the way?! Congrats!

I find if I take a drink of water while I'm breastfeeding, it will cause a letdown almost immediately. :shrug: Also kissing DD's hands, fingers, feet, caressing her face and hair while breastfeeding will do the trick.

Perhaps it's something about smelling your baby's sweet scent and being distracted that relaxes you to have a letdown? Sometimes zoning out in front of the TV all relaxed will do it as well.

I've read a lot of articles that say letdowns are almost like orgasms in a way that it's all in the mind. Be relaxed and comfortable and picture flowing milk into your baby's mouth (also works while pumping, I've had to do this actually while compressing boob to get milk out). Might be a crock of poo to some people but it's worth a shot :winkwink:

Good luck :flower:

I have slow letdown in one breast. You can drip some milk (saved from before) to get baby to latch and suck, or as I do...I found these things called little tummies or little remedy gas drops. If I give a drop (a lot less than a dose), my baby loves it and sucks eagerly until my letdown.

My let down is always the first thing to go in pregnancy. The children still manage to get let down albeit a bit slower, but I can't manually let down or let down with a pump. Supply drop usually follows towards the end of the first tri. but this time I started dropping supply at just 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->