Finding time to do homework

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
I'm really struggling with this for ds1. Between the three kids and me working till half 5 it's a real struggle. It's hard going as ds2 can be very demanding so it usually needs both of us present. There isn't a huge amount at this age but ds1 needs extra help so it takes a bit longer. There's usually a picture book he needs to read about to us, a phonics board to help him learn to read and some counting exercises. Any advice?

15 mins on bed before bedtime. Go to bed 15 mins earlier & you can cover all that in 15-20 mins. We start with math (they are learning number bonds so it is easy to go through them without a paper) , then you can revise some phonics & you can leave the picture book at the end.

We do 15 minutes just before dinner. Just while I'm dishing up and it's cooling. Or numbers and letters before dinner and book at bed time before his story.

I struggle with this too especially because on top of school homework we have speech and language homework I just do 5/10 mins here and there throughout the week x

We will probably have speech and language homework soon as well... *sigh*

Feeling your pain DD is not at the point where I can set her down with a task and leave her to get on with it. I usually pick one or the other that I put full effort into language/school work there's just not enough hours in the day so in try add in what they are wanting for homework when we are doing other things . for example she's learning shapes so I'll get her to point out shapes outside. Things like that.

Our school (one in reception one in yr 2) have said ideally they want ten mins reading a night but realistically they would like to change book twice a week as a minimum so to read book at least twice a week to enable this then one or two nights do phonics. They also said if your child is tired not to make them do homework that day.

For my yr 2 one I get her to read while I cook as she's less dependent on me for this and for my reception one she can do phonics while I cook as once she knows letter sound she then sits trying to write it and draw things starting with that sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->