Finger Food to Avoid for a Gummy Bear?

LunaRose

Mum of a Boy & Girl
Reaction score
My LO looooves finger food, he'll eat anything in finger form! Is there anything I need to avoid while he has no teeth? I steam all the fruit and vegetables so they are nice a soft for him.

A pharmacist told me today that I should be giving him hard things like oatcakes! That seems ridiculous to me seeing as he has nothing to chew it with! Am I being silly? :shrug: xxx

They can chew with their gums,some babies dont get teeth until their first birthday!
I think obvious things like nuts,chocolate,hot dogs etc they're choking hazards waiting to happen and should be avoided.

Aisling didn't have teeth til 8 month and even before then she was having rice cakes, toast, apple, pear, chicken, crusty bread etc etc. It's amazing how well they can chew without teeth! :D

Freya is only just getting her first tooth and she has had pretty much all food except meat. She eats raw fruit and veg fine with just her gums, and loves rice cakes (are these anything like oat cakes? lol). :)

Kaysie Blossom didnt get her first tooth until the week before her 1st birthday, and ate every thing. They just suck anything too hard and eventually it goes soggy

Only just started connah on finger foods and he loves them too,he still doesnt have teeth either.
He ate a piece of garlic bread on his own today too which i didnt know he could have without having teeth until my HV said he could.

I think they can have pretty much anything in moderation and obv has to be nice and healthy with no nasties in it :D x

they can chew with their gums so when they do have teeth they know what to do with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->