finger foods....crumpets???

Milliemoo x

Reaction score
Helloooo,

Just a quick question, my lo is just over 7 months and im cautiously introducing finger foods. I thought about giving crumpets, do you think this would be ok? Also what should i put on them? Butter, philly, mamybe mashed banana??? Has anyone heard that they are bad for babies etc....any info would be great, thank you xxx

I gave crumpets and lb was fine with them. I put butter or primula on them

They are great - easy for babies to hold and they dont get all squished and soggy as quickly as a bit of toast can. Anything can go on top. :flower:

they are really good for first finger foods as they are nice and soft to suck lo loves marmite on hers xx

Livvy often gets crumpets with butter and jam at nursery, the report we get at the end of the day always says she ate the whole thing :)

She likes toasted muffins with butter and marmite too (similar shape) xx

They are fine but watch out for salt.

Some brands have 1g per crumpet! Which is all of a under 1s max daily allowance

Crumpets dipped in butternut squash soup were Alice's first food. Really easy to hold and eat, but as special_kala said, the salt can be quite high, so maybe not a food for every day.

They are fine but watch out for salt.

Some brands have 1g per crumpet! Which is all of a under 1s max daily allowance

I was just about to say the same thing. The branded ones like kingsmill which are nice and thick have lots of salt in. Supermarket own brand ones are much better x

Oh Isaac loves them I use to have 3 in a morning now it's 2 and a half if I'm lucky! He loves jam and butter on his :)

T loves crumpets. I either put butter on them or cheese spread. Cut in half and away he goes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->