Finger foods for 6m?

L

Laura--x

Can i give Maisie finger foods yet?

Atm she has fruity cereal for breakfast and shes currently on cauliflower and broccoli cheese powder meal (heinz) for dinner, she loves them both and eats soo much.I will be starting to make our own food for her for dinner soon though.

Im just really keen on giving her some things to hold and suck on and experiment with herself. Is she still too young for this??

x

Going along the BLW route, theres plenty of things!
Were doing a bit of both, puree and blw.
Alex has had so far a stick of cucumber and banana to suck on. Other ideas to try, steamed broccoli...ermm steamed carrot i think? Im still learning myself lol

Its so confusing isnt it :dohh:.

So if i aimed to do half puree,half blw.. would i for example give her her cereeal for breakfast then give her the finger foods for dinner? Or still give her the 2 meals but give her finger foods during the day to 'experiment'?

were on 1 meal atm, so its the 1 meal puree and a finger food to play with. I dont yet do a finger food everyday so havent made it a meal yet

If she's on 2 meals now, why not introduce finger foods for what would be the third meal? Then you can be sure she's getting the same calories she is at the moment while also learning BLW skills.

im doing a bit of both too.. but as she hasnt got the hang of finger foods yet and doesnt drink alot of milk i need to make sure she is geeting her three meals!

i tend to give her the three meals.. which she has mashed not purred..

and then let her have finger foods in between...

she has homemade rusks, steamed carrott sticks, sticks of cheese, sticks of cucumber, toast, banana, lightly steamed apple sticks, pear,

i dont aim for her to eat any of it she mainly sucks it eats a bit and throws the rest on the floor :dohh:
except the toast!

hope tht helps

Phoebe is on 3 mashed meals a days and then for snacks she has sticks of cheese, cucumber, toast, banana, organix sweetcorn rings and carrots.

She has been having finger foods since she was 6 months old.

i started at 5 months giving zane a chunk of rusk to hold and chew on and he loved it, really helped with teething aswel.

also u can start with fruits for pudding maybe at lunch times to get her used to holding food.

i didnt start giving zane is main meals with finger foods till he was about 10 months and that was things like sandwiches, fish fingers, chuncks of veg.

now hes refusing to use a spoon and wont let me feed him so hes now eating everything with his hands haha

I tried William with sweet potato 'chips' that I made and he loved them!

I know its not hte best things to give them as they arent healthy, but I was terrified of Molly choking so we started with 'dissolvable' things like rusks, and organix carrot sticks.

Elyse has 2 teeth but at 7 months has had:

Steamed broccoli is good finger food.

Umm.. Elyse has toast cut into "ladyfingers".. beware it gets soggy and breaks up, it's in their hands and broken in half on the tray etc

Grated cheese..

Gerber Puffs

Bananas- I cut them into round coins and then cut them in half

Pasta :shy: off my plate.. penne.

Can't think of any more finger foods she has had.. I know there must be more though..

Everytime I give Caine a finger food, he rams it in gags and then pukes when it comes back :(

Keep trying but we will get there in the end, it just scares the shit out of me :(

I tried giving maisie some broccoli yesterday and she hated it, she held it then put it in her mouth and gagged so much,it barely even touched her lips lmao. She wouldnt hold it again then!

I hated broccolli until I was about 22 lol! So I don't blame Maisie!

I gave Josh a rusk yesterday afternoon cos his teeth were so bad and he loved it! He happily sat holding it to his mouth like a pro. We're gonna start with things that dissovle or he can suck like banana, toast, rusks stuff like that

Jac has loved rusks, organix carrot sticks, and toast is the bees knees LOL......but he will not hold cucumber or cheese - i dont think he liked the texture in his hand as he dropped it as soon as it touched his hand :haha:

So yesterday i did a really thin cheese on toast to try and he sucked it like mad and managed a chunk and was munching away......so today i cut some small pieces of cheese and gave them to him in his mouth and he mucnhed away happily....so will do that for now and hopefully he'll hold on to it soon.

Am struggling at what else to give him now cos of the fussines with texture.....when we have some chips next i think i'll try a few oven chips too.

Any other ideas what to give....bearing in mind the weird texture thing?
xx

Hmm....i dont fancy giving him broccoli either...

Im going to start Austin on finger foods im such a wimp though!!

What things best to put on toast? Just ordinary butter?

I didnt think cheese would be a good one because it doesnt really dissolve when its sucked does it? What if she manages to somehow get a chunk off and she swallows it? I dont think id be happy with that so soonn..

What things best to put on toast? Just ordinary butter?

I didnt think cheese would be a good one because it doesnt really dissolve when its sucked does it? What if she manages to somehow get a chunk off and she swallows it? I dont think id be happy with that so soonn..

Cheese doesnt dissolve but its soft enough to soften down in the mouth (same as toast really..maybe eaven easier to dissolve/soften).....Jac loved it again tea time but i had to hold the damn stick in his mouth as he doesnt like the texture of it in his hand....im hoping as he gets more used to it in the next few days he'll strat holding it on his own..

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->