Finger foods

A

AppleBlossom

Grace puts everything that she has in her hands in her mouth at the moment so I thought that since I'm weaning her now anyway it would ba a prefect opportunity to start giving her some finger foods to play with and hopefully eat! Just wondered what sort of things I can give her?

I gave Olivia cucumber sticks, cooked soft carrot sticks and florettes of cauli or brocolli and toast strips for her first finger foods but I think she was abit older than 4 months... she was 5 coming up 6 months when I started giving finger foods and started weaning on baby rice and puree fruit at 5 months

x

The reason she said rusks is because if it gets stuck in her throat it just disolves

good point. i was told not to give them because they aren't supposedto have wheat until 6 months but i'm sure it won't do any harm

When bread gets soggy it becomes quite bulky... I'd give her cucumber sticks and things such as that... Apple slices?

The chewing of food takes them abit of time to get to grips with at first especially when they have no or few tussy pegs

x

I've just given her half a rusk, will see how she gets on :)

good point. i was told not to give them because they aren't supposedto have wheat until 6 months but i'm sure it won't do any harm

You can get wheat free but I think you only really have to worry if there's a family history of food allergies:hugs:

do not give bread or toast at this age!!!!

it goes so clumpy and can easily get stuck in her throat.. please please dont give her bread till she is about 5 and a half months

give her ricecakes.. with philly :)

Not going to give her bread :) sticking to rusks for now, going to get some rice cakes later

How did the rusk go? i noticed too that they had gluten in:( I give them to tom to chew and he loves them, but he wont hold them himself yet. They turn to mush veryh quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->