Finley Josephs birth story 1st June 38+5 :)

lewiepud08

mum to 3 gorgeuos boys xx
Reaction score
Here is the birth story of my 3rd baby boy :) :) :)

Mon 31st May - i had had this pink show starting to come away and more or less had a few aches straight away just niggles that were more annoying than anything,

monday tea time i was getting aches and stuff but just like period and bowel cramps, carried on as normal, but i felt extremeley nesty and got home and had a bath and did loads of washing and organising (lol) anyway i noticed come 9/10ish that nothing else had gone on the niggles had gone away even after id had a clary sage bath i was really disheartened thinking i was in for a wait and it could even be another week or so until things got moving so i just prepared myself for it

i got into bed at around 11pm, and Finley was extremely active going really mad in there more than normal which i thought was odd as he had been having quiet moments for the last couple of weeks i just thought he was maybe having one last mad wriggle lol but he really was going crazy, now i know why he must have known something was going to happen haha!!

anyway i put my head down and fell asleep straight away and the next thing i know i got woken up at 12:45am with a proper contraction, i was like OMG i turned over in bed and i felt like a pop and my waters went there wasnt loads but all in my knicks and onto a pad (TMI) i had on anyway.

I ran to toilet holding pad to my bits lol and more came out (tmi again) with loads more show and within seconds i got another strong contraction and loads of pressure i started thinking OMG OMG OMG i rang my mum straight away and rang hosp who said to come in asap.
I then rang Finleys dad who was at work who thought i was joking and i was like NO I AM NOT JOKING with you!!!!! men!!!!! :growlmad:

my mum turned up and my friend to be there for my eldest son in morn, and my youngest Lewis was already over at his nanna and grandads which was perfect timing so i didnt have to worry about who would look after him - good job really as i dont think i would have made it to hospital if i had had to sort that out lol :lol: :lol:

I had 2 more strong contractions in the hallway, cue my mum and friend panicking but strangley enough i wasnt i was breathing through them fine, didnt put my tens machine on thought id wait till got to hosp, LOL i waddled to mums car and we shot off up to hosp, we got to hosp and i had had contractions 5 mins apart in the car but all the while i was thinking what if im not even dialating lol

got onto labour ward and triage/assessment at about 1:20am and labour ward midwife took one look and me and said your getting a room and not going into triage come with me now lol.

she examined me and said i was 4 almost 5cm dilated with no waters round baby/no membranes and said the baby would be here within a couple of hours i was thinking omg i cant believe this lol hes really coming etc

i started getting a bit panickey telling the mw i faint when bp gets low (this happened with my second son in 2008 and was scary) and that i really didnt want an epidural as that what causes it, and also about bleeding, she was fantastic saying you are going to be fine and to listen to her etc and that i can do it no one is going to let you faint or bleed etc she was so reassuring.

she put drip in my hand for my Group B Strep antiobiotics, and we were waiting for them to get the meds to put into drip and mw told me if he comes fast not to worry and that i would have to stay in postnatal ward for 24 hours.

Anyway things happened pretty fast from then on....... i just used the gas and air for a while, there was no time for tens, or using my oils pmsl that id bought, the contractions were coming fast and strong!!!! After a few contractions i realised the gas and air wasnt doing much i found myself getting panikcy using it trying to breathe it in, so i told my mum to take it off me and i found it easier to breathe through them more than use that, and i started making this "mooing and mmmmmming" noise through them, that i had read in my spiritual midwifery book (HIGHLY recommend "guide to childbirth" and "spiritual midwifery" by ina may gaskin to read!!!!) i had read that these noises during labour relax the muscles in your cervix, so i told my mum not to laugh at me mooing as it helps (LOL) which it did so i did that with each contraction, my mum said no one is laughing at you just do what you want, and i can highly recommend mooing LOL

all the time i was thinking i cant believe im doing this im doing it!!!!! My mum was fantastic holding my hand all the time etc

then all of a sudden i just needed to push i knew it was there i said i want to get on my hands and knees instead of squatting, i just instinctively wanted to go on my hands and knees, i turned round as i turned i knocked the IV out of my hand somehow and it was awful blood spurted everywhere from my vien in seconds i flapped when i saw it but mw dealt with it fast and it got sorted

mw examined me as soon as i was on my hands and knees she told me i was 10cm and to push and just go with my body like i was doing, she asked if i wanted the gas and air back and i said no, i was ok, i just went for it and thought of how surprised everyone would be hehe,....before i knew it his head was born in 2 huge pushes and then his body in the next 2 pushes!!!!!!!! He was born at 3:26am. I had been at hosp just 2 hours. From first contraction to him being born it was 2 hours 31 min lol.

i turned round and lifted him back onto me straight away i was just in complete shock completely dumfounded that i had done it that fast and on my own with no pain relief and after all my worries!!!!!!!!

i was cuddling him and i sat back and placenta came out all fine (tmi) with a little push we weighed him and he weighed 7lb 7oz. His dad walked in just 20 minutes late missing the birth, lol

i didnt tear and needed no stitches. Im sure its how i delivered him (on all fours) that made a difference.

i was just in complete bliss and happiness sat there chatting with the midwifes, they were so fantastic. I had a bath with lavender oil in about half an hour later. We were then having a chat and giggle with the midwives who were just fantastic. My mum was fantastic too she has been at all my boys births and is a star.

they then wheeled me round to the postnatal ward. Because it happened so fast i only ended up with half an hours worth of GBS antibiotics and i needed at least 4 hours worth so they said i would be staying in for 24 hours, but baby showing no signs of it and appeared fine but i was still needed to stay in.

my mum and mark went at around 6am i felt fantastic and was on such a high i just couldnt rest

we went home the next day, and his brothers are smitten with him and have taken to him so well, Lewis (18mths) just keeps kissing him and standing by him watching him. :cloud9::cloud9:

It was just such a fantastic birth experience i will treasure it forever. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: im so happy too as Finley is probably my last baby :( and i really wanted it to be special, which it was

i can highly recommend raspberry leaf tea capsules, the stronger ones 750mg, i took them twice a day from week 34, im SURE this is what helped me have an easier birth

i also HIGHLY recommend reading the 2 books i have mentioned - Ina May Gaskins guide to childbirth and/or spiritual midwifery, the birth stories and info in them is fab, if you can put up with some of the hippy pics and stuff they are lovely books i love them :) :) :)

Finley is doing so well we have had issues with BF so i have had to switch to FF but he is doing fab he is nearly 3 weeks old already!!! cant believe it!!!

thanks for reading - heres a couple of piccies hehe

https://i48.tinypic.com/ra7p86.jpg

https://i46.tinypic.com/33agdvp.jpg

Jen xxxx

Wonderful story. The mooing part made me smile. So proud of you!!! Well done!!!
:dust:

Wow fab story!

I am hoping for a fast birth again, my 1st labour 3hrs 12 mins! This gives me some hope.

Congrats on your little man, he is gorgeous xxx

Awww hes gorgeous I like the last pic looks like hes waiting for a kiss bless him

congrats on little finley! He's just gorgeous! I mooed all the way through my labour too! :haha:

congrats on little finley! He's just gorgeous! I mooed all the way through my labour too! :haha:

thanks everyone :D :D

kiwimama - it really does work doesnt it! aparently its the "spincther" muscle at the top of your cervix and making these sort of noises relax it. Also it was more of a mmmmmmmmm noise too. It helped me get through the contractions def recommend it lol

Jen xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"