Finleys birth story... It's been one hell of a week!!!

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
So, here's my story.... 8 days pre-due date ,Sunday 15th I woke up 5am for the loo, wiped and saw I'd had a show! Unfortunatly no contractions so went back to bed. Few hours later I was a little niggly, which in turn woke my husband who thought this was it!! I wasn't having any significant pains so ran a bath with my clary sage and things did start progressing!!
The contractions were so sporadic I didn't believe it was labour, I rang my best friend who's a midwife who said until there spaced evenly apart try and get through them! So.. I thought this was a good time to do the ironing!! My husband was paving frantic and there's me ironing my sons uniform, he was going mental!!
By the time I'd finished they were 5 mins apart, a good time to head to the friends house where she examined me, 11am I was 5 cms!!
Held out a bit longer and got to hospital at 1.30, had another internal and was 6 cm. By this time it was agony and felt I wanted the epidural. Unfortunatly complications set in and I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia, caused bybthe onset of labour. My blood and urine tests went through the roof as well as my BP...I got my epidural which calmed the bp down and it was heaven!! I wanted to kiss my anethetist, the labour was so smooth from then on and finally gave birth (having waited to push till midwife came from her break?!) 7.04 to my gorgeous baby boy finley!!!
This is where the fun started... They coulnt stabilise my bp and because of the blood results and eclampsia I had to stay in. That was a week ago, I'm still sat in hospital now after having liver/kidney scans, continuously sporadic bp readings and after a self discharge because I felt 'fine' got rushed back in from my midwife visit as my bp was 180/115!!!
It got worse to a point I had to have a magnesium sulphate drip pumped into me as it got that high they thought I'd have a stroke, 190/115 was my worst Reading! So I've had one hell of a week, me and my baby boy are still here seperated from my husband and his big brother. They still won't let me home as I'm on. 2 sets of bp tablets and it still hasn't hone down. I fear this is my home for life boo hoo... On the plus side I'm still here to be able to write my story, my husband was just looking on at me with fear at one point whilst 7 medical staff were fitting drips and cathetas. Want to go home so so bad!:cry:

Congrats on the birth of your little boy but so sorry you're going through so much :( Big hugs for you xxx :hugs:

Sorry its been so traumatic hun - congratulations on your bundle of joy. I hope you get home very soon xxx

Oh honey sorry u have had it so tough. I hope u male a speedy recovery and u and ur lo can be back with ur family. Congrats on ur lo :) Xx

Firstly, congratulations on the birth of you baby! Secondly, im so sorry for what you have been through and are still going through, I have my fingers crossed for you that they get you sorted and hope you are allowed home soon, stay positive xx:hugs:

Congratulations on your little boy but goodness me what a week you really don't need. Hope you get better soon so you can have all your family in one place. xx

Firstly a massive congrats on the birth of Finlay!! Would love to see pics!! Secondly, so sorry you've had/having such an awful time but you are in the best place! So pleased you are well enough to let us know your story. Make sure you take is easy xxx

So sorry you're still there/back again!! :hugs: Sounds horrible. I hope your bp calms down soon. Congrats on a quick delivery of Finley though!!

Glad your little boy is here safely. Congratulations. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are reunited with the rest of your family soon xx

Congrats on your birth hun - so sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope you improve soon and can get home to reunite your new family really soon. Thanks for posting your birth story xx

:hugs:congrats hun hope you get better real soon so you can be at home with ur other kids i know how hard it is to be in hospital away from them i hate it but on the plus side at least ur in the right place with the right people why ur sick and u can rest take it easy hun all the best xxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations on Finlay! Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time now. Hope it all gets sorted quickly and you are home very soon xx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy and wish you a speedy recovery x

Congrats hun. Hope your home real soon. I'd be going crazy in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->