Fire engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
Hi

My boy is big on fires/fireman/fire engines at the moment :dohh: and really wants a decent fire engine this christmas. He has had one each year but they always seem really badly made and end up broken :growlmad:

Can anyone recommend a decent fire engine that can withstand a tornado 4 year old please?

I'm not sure as we have never had one, but I would look at toys that you know are all ready very robust and that make a wide range of items and go in that direction. Like do Imaginext do a fire engine? All the imaginext stuff we have had has been pretty sturdy and long lasting.

I've got the imaginext fire station for mine, can't say for certain but the whole thing looks pretty robust and I've got no problem letting a two and half year old loose on it :flower:

We have got an elc lights and sounds one, which has proven pretty tornado proof! We have had it quite some time now, though, and Zoe is much more interested in it than Hayden, might be a bit babyish for a 4 year old. I think they have one in their big city range, but can't comment on its robustness.

I've been looking and so many reviews said that they broke easily so I got the Green Toys one. I hope LO likes it though. It doesn't "do" anything like the big ones he ran to at the store. I think it will be extremely durable like their other toys we have. And dishwasher safe!

We also have the ELC light and sounds fire engine and it is fab, had it for about 3 years now and it is still in great condition

we've got the elc one too
had it for years, certainly child proof

:thumbup:

We have the. ELC one too but think it's too babyish for a 4 year old. My 2 year old loves it but 4.5year old doesn't bother. We also have quite a nice wooden Melissa and doug one, only had it a few weeks from LO's second birthday but both boys like it. Imaginext do one, we don't have it but other Imaginext toys we have are well made. Not sure if ur LO is into lego but nice wee fire sets in it as well

I quite like the wooden melissa and doug one. Think it has little people that can be 'rescued' too in it. Not sure if it's too young for a 4 year old through?

I quite like the wooden melissa and doug one. Think it has little people that can be 'rescued' too in it. Not sure if it's too young for a 4 year old through?

This one is on WAUWAA you can get £30 off a £50 spend with SEPTSPECIAL x

This one is on WAUWAA you can get £30 off a £50 spend with SEPTSPECIAL x

My near 4 year old wants a fire engine for Christmas as well. I was going to get the imaginext one but ds saw it in the smyths catalogue and was adamant he wanted the playmobil one....I'm hoping its robust and it has good reviews.

We've got the tonka town one for Thomas.. it looks quite robust x

We have the imaginext one and both my 2 & 3 year olds love it. The thing that they like about it most is that they can actually put the firemen into the engine to drive it. We have 4 other fire engines and none of them have this very obvious feature. They get great play out of the firehouse as well and it's definately one of the most played with toys here. For sure it's on the more expensive side but it's got great long term play. There's not a mark on ours. I'm almost sure that it was reduced on amazon last week so could be worth setting up a camelcamelcamel for it.

We have the wooden pintoy one. Regularly played with (and thrown around by!) both my 2 and almost 4 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back