First Antenatal Class Tonight!!!

minicazzybee

Mummy to baby Alexander
Reaction score
I'm so excited!! It makes it all very real!! No ideas what to expect. We only get two lessons (one this week and one next week) so imagine they must fly through the information pretty fast.

What do you reckon I should expect?

We also have our first class tonight but we have 5 classes. Not sure what to expect at all. I'm not even sure if we have to take our pillows with us tonight or not. :p

They tend to discuss worrying signs, labour, when to go into hospital, pain relief, feeding, what to take to hospital, what to expect after birth, induction (this is what was covered in mine) oh and we had an osteopath in too.....

Good luck with your classes, are you going with NHS or NCT, i did mine with NCT xxx

I my first one in 1 hour!!! Lol, so i will let you know how it goes, i don't know how many we get over-all. But im excited! :) x

We had 2 classes as well, the NHS ones, not NCT. The first was about the birth, what to expect, when to call & go into hospital etc. Was pretty helpful but made OH a bit scared I think lol!!

The 2nd was about once the baby is born, what the hospital will show you, when the MW will come round after. Each class was 2 hours and they did go through stuff quite quickly, but handed out loads of leaflets too for us to read after.

Hey everyone!!
Just got back-they are just like yours Vicks! Tonight was a wander around the delivery suites, which I wasn't impressed with, followed by different positions for birth/delivery and different pain relief. It didn't really tell me much that I didn't already know, but OH found it really helpful and loved it, which is typical considering he was dreading it!!

Caroline

Also just got back from ours. We didn't learn anything new but got to walk around the maternity floor. I was much impressed by the security and the fact that we have a pretty good NICU with some of the best doctors and nurses in the state. My mind was put at ease by quite a bit of stuff tonight. I could go into labour tomorrow and not worry. :p

Next week is delivery methods and relaxation/breathing techniques.... I forget what the last 3 classes cover. My brain is still on meltdown from the stupid GTT earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->