First appointment tomorrow

tayl0r

Reaction score
First appointment with my OB is tomorrow afternoon! What should I expect? Despite being pg immediately after MC I know I won't have a scan (called to see if I could get one to know for sure how far I am and that baby is ok since I had no clue I was pg and the woman I talked to talked to me like I was absolutely crazy for even suggesting such a thing)

What are good questions to ask? I have a few but Id hate to forget something big or good to ask my doctor as they are infamous for not returning phone calls.

Eeek! I'm so nervous!!!

I won't have my first until next week, but just wanted to say good luck and hope all goes well! I have started my list of personal and family medical history, which I would imagine they go over. Hopefully others can provide some information!

Definitely get the lists of what not to eat and what medications are ok to take during pregnancy. If you got pg immediately after a mc I would think they'd do something to determine how far along you are, especially since some testings have to be done during a certain time period. I didn't really ask a lot of questions at my first appt except about being rh- since they made it a point to tell me that I'll need extra shots and didn't understand what for.

They are going to ask you lits of questions. Family history, medications, all that fun stuff, so its a good idea for dh to be there for his side of the family history questions.

If you stress to your Dr that going by LMP is going to throw things weeks off you might get your scan. Are you in the US? If you are you still may get a scan or they might have you come in a couple weeks for one. They're much more willing to give scans in the us than the UK. I've had three so far and will be getting a 4th the next time I go in. So 7 weeks, 11 weeks, 19 weeks, and I'll get another at 24 weeks. Plus we paid for a private one for $60 to determine gender earlier than waiting for the Dr at 20 weeks.

Honestly I didn't know what to ask, and still don't! When I get further along I'll be asking more about labor, the l & d protocols. What the hospital provides vs what I need to bring. How far they'll let me go over, induction, how many drs are on call in weekends if she comes late at night or on a weekend. The list goes on. But for early weeks, I just dont know what to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->