First appointment?

MrsArcher

Reaction score
I haven't made my first appointment for the baby yet. But just wondering what I should expect?

Hi! I'm a couple days ahead of you! I had a MC in August but at my first appointment we went over family history and they checked my cervix and did a Pap smear. That's pretty much it. And they'll talk with you if you have any questions about anything. They didn't see me til I was 8 weeks. This time I'll see the doctor at 6+6. I'm going somewhere else because I didn't like how the first place was. I told them I wasn't sure on my dates, and when I found out I miscarried, I was suppose to be 14 weeks based on my last period. So now this new place gives you a scan at 12 weeks so I can't wait!

Ok, thanks!
I am calling them today, so we'll see what they say.

I read somewhere that they won't see you until 8 weeks, but that sounds crazy to me. And obviously, everywhere will be different.

Mine wont see me until 10 weeks. That happens this Thurs, FINALLY! The wait has been excruciating. ;)
Congrats!

I had mine yesterday, I'm 8 weeks exactly today. They took 4 lots of blood which I wasn't expecting! Felt a little drained afterwards. And a urine sample. They went through lots of medical questions including paternal and maternal family medical history. The rest was personal history medically such as any past ginocology medical issues, any history of miscarriage. Whether you have ever suffered blood clots or have any heavy bleeding problems. If you are happy to accept blood transfusion should you need one. They asked if I would like to donate my placenta to stem cell research! I agreed. They ask where you think you would like to give birth and if you may be suitable for home birth. You are allowed to change any of these details if you change your mind at a later date. They gave me A LOT of things to read. They fill all your info listed above out in a booklet that gets sent to the hospital ready for your first scan when they will return it to you. You have to take it to all your midwifery appointments and with you if you travel anywhere. They ask you if you would like early Down syndrome testing etc. They also weigh, measure you and take your blood pressure.

I'm 5 weeks and 2 days and have my first appointment today. They should be able to get you in way earlier then 8-10 weeks. I'm in kentucky so we might be way different then other states. But I asked for a 6 weeks appointment and she gave me today.

I had mine at 9 weeks and it was so much paper work to go through and medical history, took about an hour to do this and get my bounty packs..plus midwife took my bp and urine sample. You will get used to all this as nearly every app I'm having blood drawn, peeing in pots or having my arm constricted lol x

At my dr's office they see you for your first appointment between 7-8 weeks and do a dating scan to give you a correct EDD. Then they go over all the paperwork for additional testing and what you can opt in and out of. You'll definitely give a urine sample and may have you do some labwork. They also then schedule your next appointment on your way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->