First Appt Today

kfs1

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have my first appointment today but I'm only 4w5d along. What do you think I should expect at the appointment? I imagine it's too early for much. Maybe just a blood test?
Thanks!

im not sure what to expect as I went later than that for my first...but its so exciting the first time going!! They will most likely examine you and book an appt for bloodword and maybe book your first ultrasound for a few weeks later! exciting, let us know how it goes!

I was wondering the same thing i will be 32dpo. Stupid question but do you count how far youare based on your lmp or ovulation?

Yes it's based on lmp. I don't understand why but that's what they go by. I went to the doctor at 5 weeks they done a transvaginal ultrasound the only thing we seen was a sac. I also go back today at 8 weeks for another! Good luck today!

im not sure what to expect as I went later than that for my first...but its so exciting the first time going!! They will most likely examine you and book an appt for bloodword and maybe book your first ultrasound for a few weeks later! exciting, let us know how it goes!

You were right. Just a standard pap, pee test, and another appointment in 3 weeks. She said that we won't really know if it's a "normal" pregnancy until then. Her choice of words probably could have been better!

You were right. Just a standard pap, pee test, and another appointment in 3 weeks. She said that we won't really know if it's a "normal" pregnancy until then. Her choice of words probably could have been better!

Ya wording on her part was horrible. She could have just said she was going to check your labs to make sure your numbers were going up or something about what was to be expected. does ur obgyn have any reason to think this pregnancy dont be viable?

Ya wording on her part was horrible. She could have just said she was going to check your labs to make sure your numbers were going up or something about what was to be expected. does ur obgyn have any reason to think this pregnancy dont be viable?

Well, I'm 35, considered "advanced maternal age" (yuck) but other than that, there's no real reason for concern. I think she just sucks. I've never liked her so I guess it's my fault for still going to her.

Well, I'm 35, considered "advanced maternal age" (yuck) but other than that, there's no real reason for concern. I think she just sucks. I've never liked her so I guess it's my fault for still going to her.

Age doesnt matter she needs to learn to be professional while being compassionate and sensitive.

Took a wondfo this am and it was negative. going to guess my suspensions of miscarrying since it was my first was correct. i dont have any cramping or red blood. just some scant brownish drainage when i wipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->