First baby purchase made!!!!

Emiloo

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I am in shock! Yesterday we were looking at the Amazon Black Friday deals and OH pointed out the "Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Starter Set" and said that it looked like a deal and asked if we should get it!! Errr what! Coming from a guy that a few months ago even hated me mentioning babies!

So we have made our first baby purchase after finally agreeing to try in May and come off the pill end of Feb a few days ago.

There is hope, ladies!! :happydance:

how exciting! Not much longer now. :)

Lucky! That's awesome :)

One time a couple weeks ago I asked OH what he would feel like if I were to buy something for baby before we even tried and he was like "i think i would find that a bit weird.."
ok, granted we still have 8 months to go (but oomg look at my ticker, in a couple days it will say 7 months!) and if I were to start buying things now it really would be a bit weird i guess haha But I think starting february i will definitely start to actively look for deals when it comes to the big things like furniture, stroller, carseat and stuff.

I really do feel lucky!! A couple of months ago, he would have thought me mad for even suggesting buying anything for baby!

Something really has changed in him very suddenly and I have no idea what! Probably just tired of me nagging/moping/obsessing lol :dohh: :happydance:

Congrats! We are going black Friday shopping - I work with adults with developmental disabilities and am doing some of their Christmas shopping - so DH is coming with. He said we could get something for future baby while we are out. One of our stops is toys r us so I hope to find something perfect :)

Sounds like he could be ready. :thumbup: I already bought some baby stuff and have no clue when I'll have children. :blush:

Awww congrats.. That's so sweet!
If I asked to buy something my DH would def say he finds it weird too lol.

Aw man, I wish I could buy baby things! I do a lot of window shopping though:blush:. haha. Can't wait till we start actually buying!!

I have recently been doing aloooot of window shopping online too lol so it feels amazing to have actually bought something! It should be arriving today, I cant wait to open it up and have a little peek!

Ive even said Ive spotted something little thats coming up today that I'll probably buy- the Gro-Egg Room Thermometer as its one thing I knew I'd get for baby and it wont be alot of money!

He didnt really say alot about that so still has some reservations about TTC but hes most defintely coming around!

Cute! I bought some baby clothes on the weekend :blush: that's like opened up the flood gates and now I feel free to buy more things! hehehehe

Ooh you havent got long!

God I think if I started buying baby clothes I wouldnt be able to stop lol!!

Ive ordered the room thermometer now too, I will be so tempted to test it out when it comes lol!

Last night, we were looking at the tommee tippee set and OH said that we may as well start trying now, were not getting younger (even though we are only 24 and 25) and that money will be a slight issue if we start now or in a years time so may as well start now! (Altho I think we'll be fine)

I think it helped that our neighbour took in the delivery and it wasnt in another box so she knew exactly what it was lol!

My last pill was on Tuesday so withdrawal bleeding should come in the next few days and then were trying straighy after! So I guess Im finally moving over to TTC?!?!?!

That's so incredibly exciting .... Yay for you!:happydance:
Maybe we all need tommee tippee sets in our houses lol. Hope your TTC process is quick and fun ;)

that's awesome!! I wonder what my husband would think if I just started ordering things like that... I can only imagine haha

Though I have to confess... I do have 2 baby onesies... don't tell my husband!! They were both not premeditated purchases... and funny enough, one is more for a boy, and the other a girl. The first one I saw while on vacation with my best friend a few years back and it had a logo on it that made me nostalgic for my childhood and I just HAD to have it. The other I bought for someone who just had a baby and I bought the wrong size... so instead of exchanging it for another size, I kept the too small one and bought the correct size for the friend. So they sit in one of my drawers... my husband doesn't even know! And now y'all know my secret lol

Its amazing how much OH has changed on the subject in the last couple of months! I feel a bit lost now lol, Ive been so used to obsessing over TTC and now Im there... its weird lol.

Id love to buy some onesies lol theyre so cute and little! I have a little obsession for baby clothes but not bought any yet!

I already have half of the stroller at home (have to buy the chassis which comes separately) so - yeah, I have done some baby-shopping as well. Ok, I have been shopping "from me" because I have a shop with baby toys and stuff, but I hope it still counts.

Well that helps a bit, having your own shop with baby bits in it lol! I'd looove to buy a pram!

Well that helps a bit, having your own shop with baby bits in it lol! I'd looove to buy a pram!

Which pram do You have on your mind? Have you found "the one" already? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->