First chemical pregnancy ... I am a mess

Ashley25

Reaction score
I took a test last night at 16dpo and got a positive then this morning woke up to bleeding and a negative test. My doctor told me it was a chemical.

I am a mess. I told my close family last night =(

Can I do anything to prevent this ?

So does that mean that I should consider this my period? And when will I ovulate? Can we try again this cycle???
Please help

So sorry for your loss.

I just had my second chemical pregnancy. There isnt really anything you can do to prevent it sometimes it just happens. :(

Everyones different you could go on to have a normal cycle or it could be a little off.

Im gunna be using opks to make sure o isnt off now :(

I'm so sorry. I had an 'early loss of pregnancy' at 5 weeks. It was devastating. It took us 10 months since starting to try to get that far. I cried for days. You will get through this. It took me a good 2 weeks and then I was ok. Just cry and at least for the first few days, hide yourself away from any pregnant women and babies.

Yes count first day of the bleed as CD 1. I don't want to alarm you but I didn't ovulate on my own since then and it's been 4 months. I have PCOS which is probably why. I'm now on provera and Clomid. But for the average, healthy women you probably will O this cycle but it might be a week or so later than usual.

I'm so sorry. Be kind to yourself.

I had a chemical last cycle.. took a pregnancy test day of expected period..light positive.. kept getting lighter till i started bleeding 6 days late... I feel sad. I counted the day as bleeding as CD1. And now i've finished ovulation - However if my ovulation is wrong this month.. i'm having sex everyday to try cover it.. Hoping to conceive this month :(

U are apparently more fertile following a chemical. That being said i had 2 last yr and i think i had 1 last cycle i only had a faint pink line it didnt get darker it just diseapered next day. The 2 last yr i didnt conceive following a cp but i tried as normal this cycle. The thing with chemicals they are a new thing yrs ago ladies had them and never knew because the hpts werent strong enough. My doc said to avoid getting upset dont test until 1 to 4 wks late then if u have a chemical u would never know. I did that for a yr as i couldnt cope knowing and only recently started testing early as tbh i would rather not know.

Dont worry there is nothing u could have done. I blamed myself for a long time as i was pushing my son in his pram which had shopping on it and i blamed me and it wasnt its jut my body said the egg wasnt right. U just need to work out somehing so u dont stress next cycle as stress isnt a good thing for u and a baby so even if it means no.early testing until u are late or yoga just find a way to manage ur stress that the only advice i can give u. Hugs x

Thank you so so much!

do you remember did you ovulate as normal? I'm hoping I do and can still try this cycle.

"Be kind to yourself." is the best advice I have heard. I am sorry for your loss and hope the future is brighter :dust:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had my second CP last cycle after one in August. They're a hard part of TTC. I don't even want to test early again because of it.

Like a PP said, you may O late, on time, or even early. I went from O'ing CD17-21 before CP in august to O'ing CD11-CD14.

There is a silver lining: Some are extra fertile after a CP.

Take time to your self, and if you ever need an ear, I'm here.

I ovulated on usual date i would get some opks to make sure

Hi!

No, from my understanding, most chemicals/any MC is due to chromosome issues and cannot be prevented, but of course you always wanna make healthy choices before and while PG. No, a chemical is just a very early MC so technically you were PG (chemicals can sometimes happen often and we wont even be aware of it). Not sure exactly when you'll ovulate, may be pushed out a little further though. Yes, try try and try again!

Hope i could help a little. Good luck to you and lots of dust!!

I had a CP last month. I ovulated just a day late this month and got another bfp about 7 days PO (have had three bfp and tomorrow a blood test).

My midwife told me I didn't have to wait to try again, but my acupuncturist told me it would have been better to wait a full cycle. It seems there are conflicting opinions but I wasn't worried trying again right away. What I am worried about though is that I don't think I could handle another CP right now.

There is nothing that you could have done at all! Consider it part of your body's amazing ability to sense when something is wrong. I wouldn't want to experience another CP but truth be told... if there was something wrong I would rather my body process it as painlessly and effortlessly as possible.

Sending big hugs!

That is so exciting and great to hear MarissaG!! I wish you so much luck. Please update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->