First cuddle with Sophie :)

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I'm sooo happy tonight I just had to share this!

We went to see Sophie in the neonatal unit today, and our favourite nurse Jane was looking after her today :) She said Sophie was doing really well and then asked me if I wanted to have a cuddle! She was out of the incubator for a whole hour, and Jane put her inside my top so that she was getting skin to skin contact. She was so snuggled against me and she was lovely and warm and it was just the best feeling ever.

It's 3 weeks tomorrow since she was born at 27 weeks so it was amazing to finally get to hold her. I just hope DH gets to hold her soon too..I felt really bad for him but he said he was just happy seeing me and Sophie so happy...

That's fantastic news! I remember my first cuddle and you are right - it is the best feeling. Well done Sophie for doing so well and making mummy so happy, keep it up! :thumbup:

well done, its made me cry reading this for some reason but im so pleased that sophie is doing well and that you had your 1st cuddle.

i love how it was Jane giving first cuddles too!! i swear alex and sophie need to meet and share pics lol!!! :)

i love how it was Jane giving first cuddles too!! i swear alex and sophie need to meet and share pics lol!!! :)

Jane is the best :) She hasn't looked after Sophie for ages but she is sooo nice with her! She was the first person who looked after her - and she is so lovely with Alan and me too. I liked how she let me kiss Sophie's cheek before she went back in too :) Yay for Jane. I bet frigid Valerie would not have given first cuddles.

Jane is the best :) She hasn't looked after Sophie for ages but she is sooo nice with her! She was the first person who looked after her - and she is so lovely with Alan and me too. I liked how she let me kiss Sophie's cheek before she went back in too :) Yay for Jane. I bet frigid Valerie would not have given first cuddles.

Why would Valerie give out cuddles when no-one in their right mind would cuddle her? :rofl:

Aw that,s fantastic, first cuddles are so amazing, and you have waited long enough. Congrats.xx:thumbup:

It's so nice that people on here understand how special it is to get your first cuddle, and how hard it is to wait 3 weeks for it. I get fed up when people say to me "But you wouldn't have met her for another 13 weeks anyway if you had gone full term" when I feel a bit down about her not being at home, or not getting to cuddle her! It doesn't make any difference at all that we wouldn't have met her for 13 more weeks, we HAVE met her and that changes everything!!

Ah thats great news hun. Sounds like she is doing well xx

It's so nice that people on here understand how special it is to get your first cuddle, and how hard it is to wait 3 weeks for it. I get fed up when people say to me "But you wouldn't have met her for another 13 weeks anyway if you had gone full term" when I feel a bit down about her not being at home, or not getting to cuddle her! It doesn't make any difference at all that we wouldn't have met her for 13 more weeks, we HAVE met her and that changes everything!!

What a terrible thing for people to say. I am sure they wouldn't like the fact they couldnt hold their child until weeks after giving birth,full term or prem !!!!:hugs:

Brilliant news!!! Its such an amazing feeling, feeling their warmth and heartbeat! Shame about the gowns they put you in!!! Bless you and Sophie I wish her all the health in the world. If you need any support or advice from a fellow 27 weeker mummy do not hesitate to contact me xxxx:hugs:

I think they think they are trying to make me feel better - but it really doesn't help! It's a strange position to be in, not having your baby inside you any more but not with you either, isn't it? You have all the emotions of having had a baby but the baby is not here, and you have met your baby but can't cuddle her or do all the usual mummy things. And as Alan keeps reminding me, if we had not met her her, she would still be inside me and I would still be feeling her kicking and having the connection with her rather than 60 miles between us!

Plus it's blooming knackering going up to Edinburgh every day while still recovering from a c-section AND getting up to express every 3 hours, I feel sooooooooooo exhausted tonight!

I know that feeling although our journey wasnt as far as yours xx

Hey Katy,

Congratulations on getting your first cuddle with Sophie. I too had to wait three weeks. No one but no one understands how that feels having to wait that long, unless of course you have been through it yourself. We loved Jane too and felt the same way about Valerie. I remember she was moving Archie to another position and she left his arm in a funny position. I asked her to move it and she said to me 'do you think I can't do my job or something?' I said 'no, only want my babies arm in a more conformable position'.

I am running a drop in support session on 14th at 2pm-4pm in the Castorphine nursery. Feel free to pop in xxxxx

Hey Katy,

Congratulations on getting your first cuddle with Sophie. I too had to wait three weeks. No one but no one understands how that feels having to wait that long, unless of course you have been through it yourself. We loved Jane too and felt the same way about Valerie. I remember she was moving Archie to another position and she left his arm in a funny position. I asked her to move it and she said to me 'do you think I can't do my job or something?' I said 'no, only want my babies arm in a more conformable position'.

I am running a drop in support session on 14th at 2pm-4pm in the Castorphine nursery. Feel free to pop in xxxxx

aww thanks Dona. It's the most special moment in the world when you get to hold your baby for the first time, isn't it? Sometimes I feel like I am not her mummy yet, and that she belongs to other people - did you feel like that or am I not normal with that?! Jane is sooo lovely, she is so nice with the babies and with the parents too. Valerie has been horrible to us on a couple of occasions - when Sophie was first in there, one of the nurses gave me the bag of attachments to use with the breast pumps in the expressing room, and because I was all new to it, I didn't even think about decanting the milk into one of their bottles and just left it in the bottle that comes in the pack. Next day I had to ask Valerie about where the bottle might have gone or if there was another one I could use on the pump, and I explained quite clearly what had happened and she said "I have no idea what you are on about, I don't know what pack you are talking about!" Alan said I explained it perfectly clearly! All the other nurses refer to them as "packs" or "kits".

Valerie didn't even tell me that the bottles they give out for you to express into at home fit the breast pumps in there!

She also told me off for still being in the room one day when 2 visitors plus Alan were in. I had been in with Sophie on my own, and had just changed her nappy and the nurse was showing me how to wash out the plastic bowl at the sink and dry it and put it away so I was doing that, and Alan came in with 2 visitors and went to the cot. I was nowhere near the cot, I was just finishing up at the sink and was about to leave, and Valerie came and told me off for still being in there!!!!!!

Alan complained about her because he didn't like the way she speaks to me, and he feels that if she is like that with the parents, what is she like with the babies...and she has been nice as can be since then!

Thats fantastic, its the best feeling in the world, it makes it feel like they are really 'yours'.

oh my feking god dona..... she is a BOOT!

oh my feking god dona..... she is a BOOT!

I think I might get my friend to put what she calls "The Turnbull Curse" on her! She tried it once as a joke and it worked and then she has had a few occasions where she has done it and it's worked! Next time she comes to visit Sophie I will get her to do that to frigid Valerie, she definitely deserves it for what she has done to you, me and Dona! (and our babies) evil evil woman.

I'm glad Alan complained about her.

Valerie, if you ever read this- yes you can do your job, but your collegues can do just as well with some sensitivity :thumbup:

PS. Go find a man. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->