First Cycle After Miscarraige

vanillastar

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I guess it wouldnt techinically be first cycle after miscarriage as I havent had first AF. I have been charting as OH and I decided to try again straight away. I m/c on June 26th at about 7 weeks. On July 1st my hcg was 19, and on July 8th it was >5. I normally have about 45 day cycles with ovulation on CD30. I counted the day I passed baby and placenta as day 1. I have had ewcm and signs of O off and on through this whole cycle. Still no + opk. I know that I may not ovulate this cycle though. My question is that has anyone else had this? Yesterday my cervix was high and starting to get soft and I had a lot of wet cm (like I did last cycle right before O). This morning it was the same, maybe even a lil softer, by this afternoon no cm and its medium and firm. :nope: Last week I had a lot of ewcm off and on and thought I might be getting close to O, and then it just stopped. No O as I have been charting. Is this normal? Im CD38 if I could from the day I m/c and CD28 if I could from the day I had beta that showed <5. I just dont understand whats going on, and why its changing so fast. Seems like sometimes I have fertile signs in the morning, and by the evening they are gone. So confusing because I get my hopes up Im finally Oing, only to be let down. :shrug: I just wish I could hurry up and O so I could get my first AF, or that AF would come even if I dont O. I want to get back to something more predictable. :wacko:

There is a link to my chart in my siggie if anyone wants to have a look.

Sorry for your loss. I can only sum it up to homones hun. Even though your HcG may be under 5, it still takes a little while for your body to straighten itself out.

I had a m/c on 7 july and have had my period today 28 days later so im grateful for that. I started temping and taking ov tests and im pretty sure I didn't ovulate this month good luck and sorry for your loss chick xx

i sadly lost my baby at 9wks vanilla.on 30th june had d&c no af since yet im reg as clockwork norm. i really do u think u may b in same boat as me as far as i no frm gyne they say not every 1 ov between mis and af so dont work once yr af arrives my dr sed i can try again as my body shud at that point b bk 2 some normality hope this helps

i sadly lost my baby at 9wks vanilla.on 30th june had d&c no af since yet im reg as clockwork norm. i really do u think u may b in same boat as me as far as i no frm gyne they say not every 1 ov between mis and af so dont work once yr af arrives my dr sed i can try again as my body shud at that point b bk 2 some normality hope this helps

I hope you get your AF back soon. I have started to spot every so lightly, barely anything. Hopeing its the start of AF.

I'm in the exact same position Vanilla. I m/c at 10.5 weeks on 4th July, we've decided to wait for one cycle before trying again but am still keeping an eye on things so I have an idea what's going on in there.

Have had ewcm and watery cm on and off for last two weeks but temps are all over the place - just wish AF would hurry up and can get on with TTC again.

It's so frustrating isn't it??!! :growlmad:

Let's hope she reappears soon...........

I'm in the exact same position Vanilla. I m/c at 10.5 weeks on 4th July, we've decided to wait for one cycle before trying again but am still keeping an eye on things so I have an idea what's going on in there.

Have had ewcm and watery cm on and off for last two weeks but temps are all over the place - just wish AF would hurry up and can get on with TTC again.

It's so frustrating isn't it??!! :growlmad:

Let's hope she reappears soon...........

Sorry about your loss hun :hugs:

I had watery cm and ewcm off and on since I m/c too. I kept getting my hopes up it would lead to ovuation, but it didnt. Hopefully you will actually ovulate. At least that way you could hopefully get AF sooner. My temps were all over the place until about the last week and now they are more together. Maybe that means my hormones are finally leveling out and getting back to normal?

Im still spotting ever so lightly brown, and my temp is low. Please please let this be AF [-o&lt; I think when AF finally shows I will feel better about things because its like we can actually get back to ttc and it won't be a wasted effort.

Never thought I would actually be wanting AF to show. Hopefully she shows very soon for both of us. :thumbup:

its 5wks 2 day vanilla since i had d&c i spoke 2 gp she sed i should wait anotha wk if af still no show 2 do test

its 5wks 2 day vanilla since i had d&c i spoke 2 gp she sed i should wait anotha wk if af still no show 2 do test

I hope everything works out for you. It would be nice to have bfp straight away. :thumbup:

Ive been spotting brown for 3 days now but no proper flow. Hopefully it starts soon. Im anxious to start a new cycle and hopefully actually ovulate.

Hi guys

sorry to intrude on this thread hope you don't mind?

I had my mc 7th July - AF started today for me, I had spotting last night and passed some more tissue on a couple of toilets not pleasant.

Was hoping to catch on straight away also but couldn't be sure I ov i got a faint line one day so not sure what happened (I don't temp) In a way it feels good to get af as it's like a new start - but just so glad that my cycle seems to have been just like before, fingers crossed for this one now.

I hope you get your af or bfp vanilla and everhopeful. :flower: It's awful all the not knowing.

Here goes to a new month for me:thumbup:

Baby dust to you all xx :dust:

Hi guys

I had my mc 7th July - AF started today for me, I had spotting last night and passed some more tissue on a couple of toilets not pleasant.

Was hoping to catch on straight away also but couldn't be sure I ov i got a faint line one day so not sure what happened (I don't temp) In a way it feels good to get af as it's like a new start - but just so glad that my cycle seems to have been just like before, fingers crossed for this one now.

I hope you get your af or bfp vanilla and everhopeful. :flower: It's awful all the not knowing.

Glad you got your first AF. Hopefully it wont be to unpleasant for you. I have heard that some people have heavier AF their first one after m/c.

I called my dr to see if I could get something to start my cycle since its been almost 6 weeks since my miscarraige. I have had brown spotting for 4 days now, first day super light, and last 3 just when I wipe but more and my dr thinks this brown spotting is AF!! So that would mean Im probably CD3, she said count my cycle days from the spotting because its probably all I will have since my lining shed completely during m/c.

awww :( i had my miscarriage 3rd July but was confirmed on the 5th ...iv still not had a period yet ? is this normal? im sooo wanting to get preggers ASAP! :dust::dust: to everyone :)

me 2 i wanted 2 try straight away im still awaiting af still not come no sign of cramps just sore boobs and feelin tired did preg test yest bfn so god knows

awww :( i had my miscarriage 3rd July but was confirmed on the 5th ...iv still not had a period yet ? is this normal? im sooo wanting to get preggers ASAP! :dust::dust: to everyone :)

Sorry for your loss. I have been told it can take 4-8 weeks to get your first AF back. It took me 5 weeks. Hope she shows soon. :hugs:

me 2 i wanted 2 try straight away im still awaiting af still not come no sign of cramps just sore boobs and feelin tired did preg test yest bfn so god knows

it feels like its taking forever :( iv had a niggly feeling in my left ovary , feeling quite sick , & had heartburn ..im just wondering ,, if it was possible to get preg before AF after a miscarriage ..X

Sorry for your loss. I have been told it can take 4-8 weeks to get your first AF back. It took me 5 weeks. Hope she shows soon. :hugs:

TY :) when ur AF came was it a normal cycle ?..X

it feels like its taking forever :( iv had a niggly feeling in my left ovary , feeling quite sick , & had heartburn ..im just wondering ,, if it was possible to get preg before AF after a miscarriage ..X

Yes, I have heard of girls who get pregnant straight away and never have first AF. I was hoping I would, but I charted my cycle and I never ovulated. Maybe its just too early to test? When do you think you might have ovulated?

:dust:

Oh and I just got AF back. Im on CD3. It was just brown spotting mostly, but finally getting some red and its really light. Dr says she is pretty sure this is AF though, because during a m/c your lining is completely shed, and since I didnt ovulate mine most likely didnt build back up.

Hi guys

Glad you got your first AF. Hopefully it wont be to unpleasant for you. I have heard that some people have heavier AF their first one after m/c.

I called my dr to see if I could get something to start my cycle since its been almost 6 weeks since my miscarraige. I have had brown spotting for 4 days now, first day super light, and last 3 just when I wipe but more and my dr thinks this brown spotting is AF!! So that would mean Im probably CD3, she said count my cycle days from the spotting because its probably all I will have since my lining shed completely during m/c.

Thanks, my af has been heavier than normal and more cramps than normal too as don't normally get cramps, just about over now.

Fergie it is possble to preg like vanillastar said, as I was trying, I think I ovulated but wasn't to be as af got me few days ago.
It also seems normal for some people to wait quite a few weeks for af, I think it depends on how long it took you to get you hcg to 0. I know mine was 0 only a few days after I started to mc, but again some people can take weeks for that to happen.

All the best for you both x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"