First Cycle Of Clomid - Lots of Questions - Very Discouraged

vanillastar

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I had really high hopes for Clomid and I thought this cycle would go well, but so far it doesn't seem like the Clomid is working. I have had some cramps the last few days here and there, but nothing as of today. Yesterday I had some ewcm but today nothing and all negative opks so far. Should I be ovulating soon if I'm going to?

I am taking Mucinex and just start Evening Primrose Oil to help with my cm. As well as drinking a lot of water.

Are there any tell tale signs that Clomid is working? Like anything that can let me know it may be working before I actually ovulate? And is it normal to be CD15 with no sign of O yet? :nope:

Hey Vanillastar, I saw you got your pos OPK today! Congratulations! I'm sure you're busy at the moment and will be tomorrow too. :winkwink: I'm not on clomid myself but I'll start as soon as my cycle starts again from this past MC. If for whatever reason eggy isn't caught this time around, let your Dr know how late you ended up getting your pos OPK b.c next time you'll have to adjust the days you take it. Hopefully you won't need to take another round! Good luck!

Hey Vanillastar, I saw you got your pos OPK today! Congratulations! I'm sure you're busy at the moment and will be tomorrow too. :winkwink: I'm not on clomid myself but I'll start as soon as my cycle starts again from this past MC. If for whatever reason eggy isn't caught this time around, let your Dr know how late you ended up getting your pos OPK b.c next time you'll have to adjust the days you take it. Hopefully you won't need to take another round! Good luck!

Would taking it days 3-7 next cycle make a difference?

I would think taking it later would be more appropriate. I think clomid is suppose to be stopped 3 or 4 days before OV but I'm not 100% sure, this conversation with the dr was a quick over view back in early August and was going to go in detail if I didn't get PG that cycle but I did, and lost the baby so now I want to push for it right away in case my eggs aren't maturing enough when they're popped out.

Okay, looks like I was wrong based on what a lot of these women are saying.

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Maternal--Child/Clomid-days-4-8-vs-5-9-or-6-10/show/166989

Reads to me that the clomid had them OV'ing later so yeah, they had to take it for that 3-7 day period.

Hi Vanilla star, I read your post and thought I would reply!
I took clomid 50mg days 2-6 as i dont ovulate on my own and have very irregular periods. I had no positive OPK and no feeling that it was working at all. By day28 i did a test and no surprises it was negative.
I then waited a couple of weeks to take my progesterone for various reasons to start AF and start clomid round 2. Anyway, AF didnt come in the normal 3 day withdraw and bingo, im pregnant! nearly fell off my chair, wasnt expecting it and totally couldnt believe it!
So all im trying to say is stay of the symptom spotting as it makes you paranoid and if my experience is anything to go by there was none!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->