first cycle of clomid

frazier

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am looking for some encouragement honestly. I start my first round of clomid this cycle and I am very nervous. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 5 years now. I finally found a great doctor that was able to give me some answers...I was diagnosed with pcos and told I was not ovulating so his advice was to start the clomid. I was relieved to have some answers but I was also very scared. I have been worrying that its not going to work and that I will have horrible side effects. Has anyone had success the first round or clomid? I guess I should also mention that it is 50mg. Also has anyone had any really bad side effects? Right now I think anyone's opinion would help tremendously. Thank you all so much for reading.

Hey- I ttc for 8 years before going on clomid. I don't ovulate and have pcos. Well our first round of 50 mg resulted in my ds. Who is now a lively 16 month old toddler.

My suggestions is to take it at night to reduce side effects. I just had hot flashes and a slight headache while taking it the first time.

I tried a round in August and did not ovulate. I also think my lining thinned because I had a very short and light period. It was a left over round from ds so I think it might have degraded some.

I decided to take a break and start fresh with a new doctor since we moved. He prescribed me clomid last week and I plan to start in February. I wanted to get through the holidays and try to lose a bit of weight. So we start in 3 months! I have 4 rounds available but I'm really hoping to catch first time again!

One other thing, do some research on adding black cohosh days 1-12 along with clomid. It really seems to reduce side effects and increase pregnancy rate. I will be using it in February.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->