first day as a cloth bum - he is screaming the house down!

abigail_71

Reaction score
Its our first day using our Itti Bittis and within 15 minutes of being in them LO has done a wee (nappy leaked slightly) and he screamed the house down in an absolute rage. (We don't get that with disposables!)

Have I left it too long to change from 'sposies? Or are the nappies not absorbant enough yet? (I've washed them twice before using)

Thanks

I would wash them a bit more, some napppies need LOADS of washing before they are at their best!

You definitely haven't left it too long, people switch over much later than you :)

I would say they def need more washing if they are leaking with one wee, they should last hours. Do they fit ok?

Hope they work out for you :D

are they a good fit? the legs i mean, check theres no big leg gaps.

is he a heavy wetter? you might want to get the boosters...

i dont think your to late to change him to cloth chick, i had Aimee in tots bots at 6 weeks and my god did she have a huge bum lol she didnt mind them though, shes in ittis too now

defo not too late to switch. i think at about 2 and a half months was when leyla first started complaining if she'd been in a pooey nappy for more than ten mins (which i'm glad about cos i can't smell it in cloth!) but she's still not too bothered about a wet nappy. i'd definitely use the boosters in the ittis - they hardly add any bulk - and wash them a few more times. if you don't want to wash them without wearing them first (seems a waste i know) you could always use them under his bum during nappy off time. that way you're not washing a completely clean nappy! with ittis i've never found the need to use a fleece liner or anything but maybe give that a go, at least until they're fully absorbant cos wee just goes straight through fleece and leaves the bum dry.

I moved over at about 4 months so def not too late, i would say they dont fit so well also?? Hope you find the solution.

i moved over to cloth at about 6 months too so i wouldn't say it's too late. How much detergent did you use when you washed your nappies out of interest? It should only be a quarter of the normal amount you would use. I've heard before that too much deteregent used when the amonia reacts with it it can be sore.

I didn't switch till my moo was 3 months :thumbup:

I did think there were a bit 'gappy' around the legs but i don't understand why - they are the small size and he is 11 and a half pounds and his legs aren't especially skinny. I'll wash them a few more times using less detergent and see if that helps. Ive got some bumgenius coming , so if its the fit maybe he'll do better in those?:shrug:

thanks ladies

some babies just have slimmer legs despite their weight lol, are they on the tightest poppers?
i used tots bots until Aimee was 14lb by then she was in a medium but ive heard of the smalls leaking on babies hence why i waited to switch, try boosting them or you could try and strip wash them to help the absorbancy, normal wash with soap at 60 degress then put on a rinse over and over until theres no bubbles.... this also removes the buildup of soap that sometimes irritates the skin,makes nappies smell etc

i use 1 bold tablet, half a scoop of napisan and a little bit of softner and strip wash once a week.... havent had any problems with mine

It is definatley not too late to change over, Jack was around 9 months before I discovered the joys of clothies :)

It could also be that he is just not used to feel of the initial wetness.

A lot of it is so much trail and error :hugs:

Def wash some more Hun, I ore wash my ittis about 6 times. How much soap are you using? And did u use softner?

Def wash some more Hun, I ore wash my ittis about 6 times. How much soap are you using? And did u use softner?

:laundry:No, no softener, i;ve washed them three more times and they are drying now. I'm a bit down now as I tried him in some well washed tots bots today and although they didnt leak he still screamed the place down....it took me a while to figure out what his problem was, i'd only just got him off to sleep after a long and sleepless night so am feeling irrationally cross and teary with tots bots .....:cry::wacko: not to mention a bit worried about the money I have spent on reuseables......perhaps this isn't the week to try them, LO seems to be having a difficult few days as it is.? Or will he get used to the feeling? Or is it good he lets me know?:shrug:

areu using fleece liners? aybe its cos cloth nappies are wetter than disposables? we always use fleece liners inbetween her and her bum

i know especially with stuff like totsbots they dont have fleece inside, they are towelling material arent they, which gets really wet

x

I would def reccomend a fleece liner in with bamboozles :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"