First day in third tri and breech

RainbowYellow

Reaction score
:nope: I'm so disappointed...I'm supposed to be having a water birth and if I have any complications I won't be allowed one. I asked my midwife if she tought baby would turn and she said she wasn't too hopeful (I thought it was early days yet????). Said I will prob have to have an elective c section at 38 weeks.

What do you all think, is there much chance that baby will turn?

PS: Quite pleased that today my right (.) have a very small discharge- just glad to know there is milk in there!!!

:mamafy:

It's far too early to be worried about the baby's position. They still have plenty of time to turn.

What a silly thing for your midwife to say! Your baby still has plenty of room to move around, and plenty of time to change position. The wee monkey's still shifting around on me in there and I'm not the slightest bit worried and won't even start being worried until I get closer to 34 odd weeks time as to how he's lying.

Thanks so much she wasn't my normal midwife and to be honest I thought she was a bit annoying! (Trying to log onto the computer and couldn't get it to work- should have known not to listen to her!)

Plenty time for turning. My little one is breech too at the moment. They will tease you till the brink but most turn in time :)

Weird your mw would say that - I was breech way past that and my LO turned in time! Usually they do turn the right way round by their date! No need to worry yet!
xx

Flump was transverse until 35 weeks. You have got loads of time hun. In fact he did 2 360 degree spins between 27 and 34 weeks.

You've still got a while left hun and time for baby to turn so you can have your water birth.
Currently my LO is lying Transverse Breach/Transverse Lie, i've had lots of people tell me not to worry, so i'm not going to unless my midwife gets concerned about it.

Try exercises on a birthing ball/exercise ball to help babys position.

Have you heard of OFP? I do think it is too early to be saying the baby wont turn.

https://www.spinningbabies.com/

This is the best website I have found that talks about OFP because it mentions the fact that this can even be done in labour if the baby is in breech. Babies move constantly. Even if they have engaged, the baby can still move out to breech position and then back again.

they can turn then turn again. So much time left- alot of babies dont turn until the end

My baby was breech at 32 wk apt and by 34 weeks had turned xx

My lil man loved the breech right up to 30wk scan
then was head down and last scan (last wed) was transverse under my ribs
and i know for a fact hes still turning about in there as i do feel kicks high up somedays, in my lady area other days and then my sides is the new one for him

i was told last week they can still manage to wriggle/flip over in some case
right upto 37weeks

i defo wudnt be concenrened about your babys position at your stage xxx

omg thats silly what she said! My baby is transverse at the moment but theres still LOADS of time for them to turn! Ive heard upto 37 weeks they can turn!

far to early to be worrying, my baby was breech on saterday at 36+1 and today at my presentation scan he had turned and his head down for 36+4, wouldnt worry at all xx

mine is turning so continually that i hardly know which end is up till i feel a foot or head in my ribs lol your little one has plenty of time to turn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->