First day of weaning!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I went to see my HV today and explained my worry that Connah wasnt satisfied.
(Background story is...Connah was on Hungry baby milk but around a month ago it was making him very constipated. I changed him back onto first milk and since then he has been very unsettled,waking in the night etc.
We left him on first milk for the past 3 weeks and my HV said today that i should try weaning...so here i am!)

So i decided the best time to try was after his bottle at 4.30pm...(which he has just had.

I gave him pureed carrot and my god...he loved it! :happydance:

Going to do this for a few weeks,try different tastes and then progress onto some food maybe with his lunchtime bottle.

So my real question now is...i have spoon fed him today and he seemed to get on well with that but i did really like the idea of BLW...

Should i continue with the spoon feeding or try BLW???

I did have the idea that maybe i could give him his purees with a spoon for tea time(like just now) and then in a few weeks give him finger foods at lunch to try like banana sticks/carrot sticks/broccolli etc... Would this be ok?

Can you tell i have no clue?!:dohh:

I weaned Noah at about the same age. I started with baby rice, then puree's and now I do a mix of puree & BLW, but he's only just managed to do finger foods the last 3 or so weeks. xxx

Same here. Started weaning Olivia week ago on baby rice after tea feed then started yesterday on pureed carrott n potato. Yeah I think that sounds good, they'd prob b eold enough in couple months old finger food & have a good nibble!
Wat confuses me is if u give the solids AFTER the formula (which i been told is the correct way) how do they eventually come off formula all together & fully onto solids? Been advised by 12 months they shud b having breakfast/lunch/tea of solid food then only a bottle b4 bed...

Wat confuses me is if u give the solids AFTER the formula (which i been told is the correct way) how do they eventually come off formula all together & fully onto solids?

Once they start eating more solids, they will naturally decrease the amount of formula they take. Before 6 months you definitely don't want solids replacing any formula at all, so it is very important to give milk first.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->