First degree perineal tear; how long to heal?

Lizziepots

Mother of 1 beauty!
Reaction score
How long should it take for a tear in my perineum to heal? It doesn't go straight back towards my anus but diagonally off to one side. This is way TMI I know sorry.

Anyway, Rebecca is now 5 weeks and the 2 sides of the tear haven't joined in the middle...they look to have healed separately...I thought this might happen and mentioned to mw at week 2 but she said would be ok.
Damn! Does anyone have experience of this and can tell me whether my flue will ever get back to normal?
I have an awful feeling that I'm gonna have to ask my GP which means getting my fluff out eh? lol

I had a second degree with my first son and it had healed by my 6 week check, dont know exactly when, I never really looked, but at my 6 week my doctor checked it and she said it had healed so well that it looked like I didnt even tear at all!!!! Are you sure you had a first degree?? usually a first degree is just when you tear slightly, my friend had a first degree and they didnt even stitch her!!! You should get your doc to have a quick look just to be on the safe side but by now it should have at least started to heal together. Good luck hun xx

Yeh i had a second degree tear and it had healed by my check. But it took about a year to stop hurting!!

I'm confused!

Thanks for your replies..but...

I didn't have stitches cos mw said it didn't need them. So nothing has really held the two sides together..maybe that's the problem?

I got DH to look today..bless him and he said def not like it was before. I'll have to mention to GP eh? We don't have our 6 week check until 8 weeks tho here so maybe in the 3 weeks it will heal. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and it isn't sore at all...as though it has healed. Strange eh?

its probably healing from the inside out, if you understand what i mean, so it looks like the two sides havent joined, but the gap will be filled with new tissue x
(im a nurse btw)

its probably healing from the inside out, if you understand what i mean, so it looks like the two sides havent joined, but the gap will be filled with new tissue x
(im a nurse btw)

Thaks for all the replies but this one def wins! :) It gives me some hope that my new unwanted designer vagina may not have to be for keeps! I'll have to get DH to check for new tissue! lol

Does make sense though. Thanks :)

Just found this very old thread of mine n wanted to say, it never did heal together:( i've had a smear test and coil fitted since and a check of that n each time I've asked the different nurses if it's ok as it is n they have said yes! It really isn't though. The opening of my vagina is now bigger and an odd shape and I have some hard scar tissue down there. It means we don't really have sex any more as I'm so conscious of it but I'm damned if I'm going to gp as all health proffs have said it's ok. And what could be done now? Cut it again and stitch? No thanks! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->