First doctor's appointment?

kellig

Reaction score
I called to schedule my first appointment & my OB doesn't want to see me until 7 1/2 weeks. Is that the standard? I thought I needed an appt just to confirm the pregnancy!

I'd like to hear when you all went/are going for the first time.

Are u in the us or uk? I'm in the us, and mine is seeing me at 7 wks to confirm, and then not until between 10 and 12 wks for an initial . I talked to them today, and they are also going to address my hypothyroidism at my appt on the 19th. I think it depends some on the dr, but not really sure if there is a standard.

Normally in the uk you get your 1st appointment at 9weeks
but you can book earlier but all they will do is ask a few questions and put you on there register, and allocate you your MW Etc

I've been told that the midwife will be in touch at approx 16 weeks. I've had no initial appointment, I had to fill in a form at my docs & was given a pack which had a leaflet to ring direct to book my dating scan which is scheduled for when I'll be 12 weeks. Has anyone else experienced the same? I thought I would have to see the midwife/doc before then?

I'm in the US. I was told I won't see my doc, but one of the Nurse Practitioners, and that they would do an ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. for this first appointment and let me know what to expect in coming visits.

I wonder why it's so all over the place! For some reason I really felt like I needed to have a professional tell me that I'm actually pregnant!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->