First driving lesson today - what should I know

AP

Reaction score
Do I need to know ANYTHING?

:argh:

I am cacking it :rofl:

If you make a mistake and notice say something. Dont keep quiet and hope they'll not have seen

Keep calm and carry on!

Good luck :thumbup:

Stay calm and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't come naturally.

You'll probably be somewhere quiet and will just get used to the controls and how to move off etc - with a little slow driving around if you get the hang of it.

It will feel utterly alien to start with, and you'll wonder how you see everyone else doing it so easily - but don't worry.. it will come.

:)

You shuldnt know anything, its best to go into it as a blank canvas :) it will feel like you will never be able to do it as natural a you see others do it but it really does get easer! I passed my test on Monday first time after about 30 hours, and I was by no means a natural driver, I was at about 15 hours before I started to feel like I knew what I was doing, bu t my instructor told me most say that a about 10 hours. Enjoy it!

Just relax as much as you can because if your nervous it comes across in your driving x

Well it went well! My uncle took me (hes an instructor) and it was a bit better than I imagined, just a lot to take in. I was really ill when i got home though, think I worked myself up so much!

Apart from my theory book and that, is there any good sites or info that will help me cement in my head what i learn?

My biggest mistake was thinking my questions were silly. After a while I started asking ANY question driving related that came into my head and felt much better for it!

Also, its soo much to take in at first, dont worry about it all at once. Get to grips with the basics first and then worry about the rest. It will all fit into place naturally and make sense soon x

Hahaha. Don't worry. Even at one lesson, you're probably better than me after several lessons. :haha: I was TERRIBLE (and in fact, my hubby and my friends would argue I still am!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->