(first ever post *nervous*) secret baby names

DiddyMoo

Reaction score
SO... Hello

I've been stalking around here for almost all of my pregnancy but never felt brave enough to dive in so forgive me for any lack of forum ettiquette (it's all new to me haha)

So I'm 27 weeks pregnant with our first 'little' who's conception was more than a little bit of a surprise but is still VERY welcome!!!

We've deliberately kept the gender a secret and therefore need to pick both male AND female names. Problem is I process thoughts by bouncing them off people while my husband only likes to share thoughts once they're fully formed.

Partly as a result of this and partly for some other reasons we decided to keep any potential names secret until we announce the birth of our mini-one. I'm fine with that BUT I value outside voices to help me process so...

We want the name to be something others in our area won't pick but not something so weird that our child hates us. Currently the two names we're stuck on are:

Arwen (f) and Amos (m)

Middle names are trickier but we like 1 or 4 syllable names best in terms of how they sound which has lead us then to:

Arwen Othalia
Amos Obediah

Our surname is Bayton

I know both names are quite odd but we like that... Are they TOO odd though?

Sorry this post is long.... I ramble :shy:

M.xx

Hi:) gratz on the pregnancy!

Arwen isnt too odd..i just right away thought of lord of the rings..still a pretty name.
Amos again isnt bad...but i do think of a very old man lol

Funny how names trigger diff. Ideas. They are not my style..but if u love the names thts what matters:):)

Yeah congratulations :) have a happy and healthy pregnancy, and welcome to the forums :D

Arwen is awesome :D, so is lotr. Did you think of that name cause of those books?

And Amos, we have a town here in Quebec with that name, very countryside, and I never liked it, but that because of my personal experience with certain people that come from there.

Hi and welcome. I love both of the first names. Never heard of the middle names before but as long as you are happy with them I don't think they are too odd.

Like arwen not too sure on amos but as long as u like it I think that's alls that matters not heard the middle names before not sure how to prenounce them xx

I've never heard these names before, but I like them. Especially Amos. The only thing I'll say about Arwen is that it rhymes with Darwin (which may only bother me because I spent time in Australia lol) but if that doesnt bother you and YOU like the name, thats all that matters. I think its nice that you guys are choosing different names, the world would be boring if all names were the same. x

I like both! Amos is cute and yes, it's a bit of an old mans name but maybe it's time for a revival? My sister got slack for calling her little one Stanley but I couldnt imagine him with any other name now!

Welcome and congrats!!
I love arwen and amos, i considered amos but oh said it reminded him of an old man. However, old fashioned names are making a come back!
Love your middle names, they might be a bit too unusual as first names but great middle names x

Love both of those names & suitably unusual without being odd!
Arwen is even on my girls' names short list (partly because of its welsh origins).

I LOVE Amos - I would love to call LO Amos, but OH won't have it! They are both odd names but not too odd if that makes sense?! :flower:

Hi I'm sorry but my honest opinion I really dont like either to me they are very odd names.
If you like them you should go for them though.

I do normally love unique names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->