first immunisations

mickey

Reaction score
we have the appoinment for Juleikas first immunisations tomorrow and I am getting a little bit nervous 'bout it!

did your child/ren react to it?

and if so, what did you do 'bout it?

thx guys :hi:

Chris's nephew screamed blue murder for about an hour after. He didnt seem his usual self after the jab at first but it passed in a day or 2.

Olivia hasnt had hers yet but ive made Chris book some time off work as I ont want to hold her.

x

uahhh, that doesn't sound good :wacko:

I asked OH to take the whole day off work in case she gets a fever and we have to pick up sth from the pharmacy :dohh:

I don't like the idea of her possibly feeling miserable afterwards at all :(

Mine cried for a few minutes after injection and were a bit grizzly for a few days afterwards. Advised to give calpol that evening . WHEREAS I cried in car park before and after appointment:sad2:

Mine cried for a minute or two at the time of the injection. The temptation is to cuddle them up but that seemed to make it worse. On one of their injection trips the HV started clapping and sorta making happy noises for one of them and they instantly forgot about the pain and cheered up straight away. It's pretty hard to do though. There's something about the scream!

Get the calpol in ready and expect them to get grizzly about 4 hours ish later.

Bethanie was alright actually, a little wimper but then she was fine. She had a lot of blood tests when she was born as she wasn't well, so I don't know if she was just more used to it than some babies? or whether that'd make the slightest difference. The immunisations a few after that (I forget how old she was) but they do 2 in one of the legs I think, she really cried! but was fine 5 mins later.

As said, Calpol is great to keep their temperature down and expect him to sleep a little more than usual and be more grizzly. You usually get a form telling you what to do after immunisations.

Bethanie's off to get her boosters done in a few hours and im still a bit nervous for her!! no one likes to see their baby in pain. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->