First IVF Cycle Treatment Day 1. Cycle Buddy?

DesiGirlTTC

Reaction score
Hi all! Im back after 3 failed IUIs, starting my first IVF cycle. I am SOOOOO nervous. Today is my cycle day 3, treatment day one. I just did my first Meopur injection and within 30 minutes my stomach is churning and sending me to the restroom! Tonight and tomorrow I will continue on 75 Menopur in the AM and 300 Follistim in the evenings. Blood test on Monday. The amount of medication required scares me. :cry:

Im looking forward to chatting with anyone in the same boat or anyone who can tell me what to expect! xoxo

Hello! I'll be your buddy :hugs:

I'm on CD4 of my first ICSI cycle, so day 3 of treatment. I'm injecting with Gonal 150 in the AM, and have my first scan and blood test on Monday. Then I'll be using Cetrotide 240mcg in the PM.
The only difference with my ICSI from other is that I'm actually part of a trial for an unregistered trigger drug :thumbup:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! That really sucks, I can't believe how quick the effects were for you! So far I haven't had too many side effects.
I was shocked at the amount of medications too, you don't think about all the extras you need.

So, how long have you been TTC?

Hi there. Actually the effects havent been terrible yet. The menopur upsets my stomach in the mornings, either the runs or nausea. The follistim hasnt done much yet except bloat me. Right now im getting ready to go in for my bloodwork. Are you nervous about the unregistered drug? I wish you all the best! Let me know how your results are today!

Oh yes, we have been ttc for 3 years now, although this is our first IVF. I have had some roadblocks,
Fibroids etc.

I just heard from my doctors office and my estradiol is 333 today which they say is a little high. So I'm decreasing my follistim to 225 from 300. Have you gotten any results?

Hi hun!
I'm glad that the side effects haven't been too bad for you. I haven't had any at all really, I'm really tired and generally feeling a little run down, but I don't think it's to do with the medications.

I'm not too worried about the unregistered drug, obviously they've already done a lot of testing and had some really positive results. What's more it also greatly reduces the risk of OHSS.

I'm sorry about your 'roadblocks', that sucks! :( We have male factor infertility, so doing ICSI is perfect for us.

I haven't heard any figures, but they've said everything was fine. I have 9 follies around the 9mm mark, which I've heard is good for day 5 stims. Tonight I start my second drug, Cetrotide.. and I have another ultrasound and blood test on Wednesday!

When do you have to go back?

Thats great! Sounds like you are on the right track! I also go back on Wednesday! Will let you know how it goes!

I'm good thank you, you?
Just waiting to have my EC this morning... Very nervous. At what stage are you now?

I'm good thank you, you?
Just waiting to have my EC this morning... Very nervous. At what stage are you now?

I'm having my egg retrieval on Thursday and then they are freezing them all because my estrogen level is way too high so we will do a frozen transfer next month. I have been feeling so exhausted. I can't even stand it. :wacko:
What is an EC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->