First Midwifes Appointment is it right????

fifi83

Reaction score
Been to see my gp today to tell him im pregnant, who advise me to make appointment at reception to see the midwife.

Who said i cant book you in till 10 weeks, wot????? couldnt believe it. but hey may be thats right.

Also was suprised doctor never said a word a folic acid good job i knew i should be taken them and bought some eh.

Docs are not always the best people are they with information! :dohh:

Yep 10 weeks is pretty standard.....they like you to have missed 2 periods before they start all the formalities and also there is not anything they can do for you in between if you have no history of MC really.

i was ten weeks at my first appointment xxx

Yeah, they never seem to be in a hurry to see you.
I've had to wait 2 weeks to get my first midwife apppointment, which is on Thursday. I'll be almost 14? weeks by then.

How long have you got to wait until your 10 weeks? x

im not sure if im 4 weeks or 7 so i said ill ring them more near the time.

I was just shocked thought they would see you first as soon as you find out.

it will fly with xmas and that, i hope so anyway. :)

I still haven't had my appointment yet, they haven't even got in touch with me yet to let me know when it's going to be :dohh:

I was 11 weeks last time when I had my 1st appointment.

Yes, 10 weeks is pretty standard - Its almost disappointing isn't it? - But whats more disappointing I found was the actual 10 week appointment! lol
-Just a lot of history taken, your booking bloods done and your blood pressure....I don't know what I was expecting, it just all seemed a bit strange that they don't actually do any checks to confirm the pregnancy as such...so it all remains rather surreal until yor first scan when you actually get to prove to yourself that you ARE in fact having a baby! - Until then you almost feel as if its not really happening.

I just had my first midwife appointment on Monday, and I was 12 and half weeks! I thought they had forgotten about me! :wacko:

I was booked in at 5 weeks and had my first midwife appointment at 7 weeks. Think it differs with location my cousin couldnt book in until she was 8 weeks.

I haven't had my appointment yet, I go on Monday (finally). I think I'm around 7/8 weeks?? Wish I could've been seen sooner (make it more real).

I dind't get my first appointment until I was 9/10 weeks as well. Seems standard. I think that is because they like to be able to see your lil one on the ultrasound. It's difficult to find them before then.

I'm booked in for 2 weeks time. that will make me 8 weeks just about. I was really shocked considering this is my first, we've had trouble TTC and I have lots of other health problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->