First miscarriage...heartbroken but desperate to be pregnant again

MissGossip

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I've just had my first ever miscarriage today, it was my first pregnancy too, we are absolutely heartbroken but staying positive. And strangely we have been okay and still strong for eachother, many tears have been shed today and it's been the worst pain I've ever experienced. Thankfully everything had passed within 3 hours after scan so feeling thankful the pain wasn't prolonged.

I just wanted some advice really on when I should expect to ovulate again, it's been a long road for us to get pregnant so we want to take advantage of the fact I will be more fertile over the next few months.

Has anyone else any advice on how long it took them after long term trying and then having a MC and conceiving again?

I feel lost and empty, that's the only way to describe it, but somehow I just love my husband so much more today than ever because I know he is the only one who is feeling my pain with me.

Stay strong ladies. Xxxx

Sorry I can't help but *hugs* I am still waiting to actually pass and have another scan next scan next week where I will be offered some medical management, but interested to hear the answers. After lttc for 3 years then IVF am wondering if there is even a chance of this happening naturally.

Sorry if I just hijacked slightly!!

Hope you are ok going through this horrible period xx

I am so sorry for your loss. I do not have experience with LTTTC, but I wanted to share my crazy story of conceiving just 2 weeks after a loss.

I suffered a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks in October with the worst of it occurring over the initial 2 day period followed by 4-5 days of light bleeding. I felt fortunate that things happened early and quickly without lasting physical problems. I also processed things better than I expected. I had actually had a bad gut feeling about that pregnancy from the very beginning (for NO reason at all), so the loss felt almost inevitable.

My husband and I turned to each other for comfort and support. Once the bleeding stopped after the MC, we just carried on as usual. I wasn't charting or actively TTC, just doing what felt right. My doctor had advised waiting a cycle, but we didn't have any condoms in the house and, as a 37 year-old who had just lost a pregnancy, I wasn't real concerned.

Exactly 4 weeks after the MC bleeding started I took a pregnancy test bc I had been vomiting for a few days. I really only took it to put the crazy idea out of my head, and was shocked to get a positive.

I am now 11 weeks and things are going well so far. I've definitely been VERY worried, but have been trying to stay positive with each passing day. Best of luck to you as you continue to heal and move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->