First Month of BCP- late, short period, light bleeding- normal or possible preg?

anglerswife

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post and I am only hoping that someone has had a similar situation and can offer some guidance.

This is my first full month off BCP, so I am aware that some of these symptoms may be occurring due to my body adjusting, but my period has seemed SO light and SO short I am just confused- regular ‘first period’ after BCP, or possible implantation bleeding? My husband and I have been using the withdrawl method for the past month but I am aware this is a pretty ineffective method. Here are my details:

Stopped BCP on October 29 and had normal withdrawl bleed October 31-Nov 4.

LOTS of EWCM on Nov 17, 19, and 21- so I assume I ovulated on/around Nov 22. The dating below are based on that date.

10DPO- very bloated, extreme ‘pulling’ feeling on lower left side of abdomen under pelvic bone. Cramps felt ‘warm’, I felt very lightheaded to the point of needing to sit down. Hot flashes all day.
11DPO- same as above except very light brown spotting (less than a pantyliner’s worth)
12DPO- still bloated with pain on the left side,2 big red spots overnight, another pantyliners worth of red (a bit more steady but still not normal flow)
13DPO- 2 brown spots overnight, and nothing all day except lots of clear CM
14DPO, bloating gone, still twinges in the lower left side, lots of clear CM, now streaked with pink blood.

So…. What do you ladies think? I am so paranoid have taken 4 HPT in the last week, the most recent this morning, all showing negative.

Sorry, title should read- First month OFF BCP. And I forgot to mention that before BCP, my periods were regular, but very heavy for at least 6-7 days.

I was in BCP for 14 years, then stopped then in September. I had my normal withdrawal bleed then my first 2 proper periods were exactly like you have described! It really confused me as I was expecting them to be alot more heavier, painful and longer than when I was on BCP.

X

Thanks BBHope, yeah I am basically just looking for some reassurance that the spotting was probably my 'real period' before I enjoy two many glasses of wine over the holidays... I can't believe that it would be that light... wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience?

For the last 2 of my periods I only used one tampon (sorry if TMI). And that was when I first noticed AF was there. When I took them out there was hardly anything on them. I then used sanitary towels for the rest of the day then nothing at all - it was only noticeable when I wiped after that

X

Same here... I am sure it is just my body adjusting after being off the BCP, but I read horror stories about women getting implantation bleeding and thinknig it is their period and not finding out they are pregnant for two months or more so I am paranoid! Most ladies seem to either have no period or very heavy period after stopping BCP so I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->