First Month Off BCP Symptoms

CN86

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post to this community :)

I have been on Lomedia 24 FE for a little over a year. Let me post some dates below so everything is clear!

11/10/15 - Started new pack of BCP...Skipped the placebo pills

11/14/15 & 11/15/15 - DTD

11/22/15 - Stopped BCP

11/27/15 & 11/28/15 - Had really bad cramps. Not sure if it was hormone related or upset stomach.

12/4/15, 12/5/15 & 12/6/15 - DTD & started to have sore nipples. Cervix felt high.

12/7/15 & 12/8/15 - First bleeding since stopping BCP. Mild cramping. Sore nipples. Acne breakout on chin.

Today is 12/11/15 and my nipples are still very sore and itchy. Cervix feels high still. Really tired and lethargic. Body aches & headache.

In the past, I would start to feel sore nipples around my ovulation time and then it would stop first day of AF. However it's been a few days since AF has left and I am still having symptoms.

I am guessing that the AF on 12/7/15 was just a really late withdrawal bleed? I have unfortunately never done the temping thing but I am thinking that I started to ovulate during the withdrawal bleed a few days ago and that's why I am still having these symptoms.

Has anyone had a similar situation when coming off of BCP?

I so appreciate having a place to discuss this journey!

Looking forward to chatting! <3

I'm not sure about the specifics, but I know your body can take a bit to adjust after stopping BCP. When I went off BCP a few months ago, AF came like two days early and was very light. Which actually made me think I was pregnant and it was implantation bleeding! But I wasn't and my cycle continued on regularly after that. I have been noticing different symptoms than I've been used to! And they're not really consistent from month to month either.

Temping will definitely help you get a better understanding of things though! I've been temping and it helps with insight into my cycle, and I also use OPKs with it. :)

Thank you for your reply! From what I've read most women get their withdrawal bleed within a few days from stopping BC. I didn't get mine until exactly 2 weeks from when I stopped. What about you?

Hmmm... It might have been around two weeks later!

I finished my current pack before stopping BCPs so it was obvious that my withdrawl bleed came right when it usually did every month. The following month was a 30 day cycle.

I ovulated 15 days after stopping BCPs and I had sore boobs, sore sensitive nipples, acne, cramps. Pretty much pms. After that first month though, it's been easier with less pm symptoms. I think it's just a little weird in the beginning when ur body is figuring it all out.

Thank you for sharing! Did you continue to have those symptoms after O until AF showed up?

Just an update. Today is 12-13-15 which is 20 days from stopping BCP and now 6 days from when I had my 2 day withdrawal bleed. I am still having sore breasts & nipples, mild cramping, super tired, body aches and now nausea.

I stopped my pill last wednesday, had withdrawel bleed, really heavy and still got it (unusual because normally have it for 2 days then its gone but because ive not taken it again might affect how long it stays) .. we are just going straight into trying.
I feel quite sick to be honest and a really sore head, very bad chin acne :blush:

I stopped my pill last wednesday, had withdrawel bleed, really heavy and still got it (unusual because normally have it for 2 days then its gone but because ive not taken it again might affect how long it stays) .. we are just going straight into trying.
I feel quite sick to be honest and a really sore head, very bad chin acne :blush:

You're lucky that you had your withdrawal bleed immediately. When mine finally came 2 weeks later it was normal and short and I got a really lovely hormonal acne cyst on my chin too! I think I must have ovulated right before or during my withdrawal bleed because my PMS symptoms are still here a week later.

I hope everything returns to normal for you soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->