First month using CBFM and have some questions. PLEASE help!!

Sweetpea31802

Reaction score
Thank you for reading Ladies!!

Bear with me I am using my cbfm monitor for the first time this cycle. When I fist poas it on CD6 it read high fertility, I am now on CD 15 and its still reading high fertility. I thought by today it would of read peak. I am having alot of af type cramps for the past few days, and I thought maybe they were O cramps. Now I know sometimes the cbfm takes a month to get to know your body but I was sure hoping it would of read my O by now! I figured I always o'ed around the 14 day of my cycle since I am pretty regular girl of 28-30 days.
So tomorrow the monitor is going to ask me to poas stick again. I know after 10 sticks which the 10th one was today, it will ask for 10 more. Now should I continue feeding it sticks even though it will be CD 16 tomorrow? I really dont know if I want to waste another 10 sticks if this month of getting to know my body may never end up with a peak. Then again if I dont feed another 10 sticks and being my first month it may not know my cycle completely either. Right or wrong?
HELLLP!!!!! Anyone been in this dilemma the first time using this monitor? Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!!

im also using it and have been feeding sticks since day 6,day 13 tomorrow!
the guide does say you probably wont get peak the first cycle. ive been getting highs since day 6 and ill probably feed it the sticks all cycle so it gets to know my body. goodluck x

Yeah maybe I will just do the same thing. What does your Lh line look like? Mine is always a very pencil thin line. Not broad like the other line is.

The first month I used the CBFM I started getting High readings on CD8 and they lasted all the way through CD22, then went back down to Low.

This month, I got all Low readings (spent hours analyzing the two lines) until this morning when I got my very first Peak! The LH line was way darker than the Estrogen line, no way I could confuse it with any of the other sticks.

Just stick with it and it will learn your hormones/cycles soon. :flower:

Hi! I heard the same thing...normally the first cycle with it is just "getting to know" your cycle. Next month should be different :
I had the opposite. (last month was my 1st month) I don't O now until cd28 and it stops asking for a stick at cd26 so it was pointless for me

SweetPea, I think you should stick with it too. Give it a couple of months and give it the sticks it asks for. I think that's the best way to increase your chances. If you stop giving it sticks that it wants and you end up missing your chance, you might regret it.

This is my first month using it again to TTC #2. I'm currently on CD 12 and still on lows. I used it to conceive my DS and my first month using the CBFM I only got lows and highs. My second month I got lows, highs and peaks and that was THE month! Hoping I get pregnant the first time using it this time around. And sure hoping I get a high tomorrow as I'm tired of the lows.

Thank you everyone for your insight. I thought about it and I will continue giving the monitor sticks. I know its the 1st month with it and it does need to get to know my body in its own way. Just hoping I didnt miss my O day.
A glimpse of hope, when I went to the bathroom and wiped I always check the tp, this time I was able to feel a teeny bit of ewcm on the tp. :) That could just be the beginning of my O. If so "Wow" I am on CD 15 and haven't O'ed yet!! Interesting things you discover when you are really paying attention to the cycle days. Time will tell.
One more question, when I got the cbfm off Ebay it came with 19 sticks so I know in the current cycle it will want more tests tha I have of the same pack. I have a new box of 30 sticks, will it effect anything if the sticks come from a new box?

they say not to use a diff box but I dont see why you cant!" I will def mix boxes if I have to.

Sweet Pea... Glad to hear you're going to stick with it for now. If I were you, since the monitor will probably ask you for 20 sticks, I'd reuse one of the first stick instead of going into a new batch of them, or else just not feed it the 20th stick.

I find it so hard to just trust the monitor. Right now I'm on CD 15 and still on lows. I'm so hopeful each morning that that day I'll get a high and then get let down when I'm still at low. Then I start analyzing why I'm only getting lows. So to start with, I'm using my expired sticks from the last time I used my monitor as the new ones I ordered didn't get here in time to use them this cycle. The other potential issue for this cycle is that I'm still breastfeeding my DS. He only nurses at bedtime and in the morning and I got my period back 7 months ago so I've been pretty confident (until now) that I'm ovulating. I guess time will tell, still makes me worry though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->