first month using first response ovulation tests.

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
i have been using clearblue ovulation sticks but the first response ones with the pregnancy tests were on sale so thought would try them, i'm day 13 of my cycle due to ovulate mon/tuesday, anyways usually lines are a little better...

anyways this is what i got Cycle day 13 this month with first response:
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/DSCF0084.jpg

this was my lines last month with clearblue on day 13:
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/Snapshot_20100516.jpg

any advice or stories would be brilliant :D

I don't use the first response but have heard some ladies say that they don't like them and others love them! I use new choice 20 dip strips in a can like 8 dollars at Big lot's they are great got a supper dark line for two days this cycle!I would say if you don't trust them test with another brand as well to make sure . u can use the dollar tree one they are cheap! That's what I use!

don't have dollar stores here lol.... gonna wait it out already been ttc almost 3 years one month nothing lol

have u tried having sex every other day as that way u will all ways have sperm there for egg xxx

yeah we've been on the Sperm meets egg plan for a while. also OPK, fertility monitor, Temp/cm/cervix charting. taken folic acid, aspirin, agnus castus, prenatal pre-seed, soft-cups and cough med to thin cm.

sounds like it's time to look into other thing if that is an option for you! my dh is the kind who believes that if it's not natural then it's not ment to be. but I have fouud that IUI here in the states is not very expensive and is still concidered a natural route. dh has low sperm count so they are not surviving the swim to the fallopion tube. with IUI they are injected into the uterus so they don't have far to go! I have only been on the ttc journey for a bit over a year but feels like forever now! Good luck!!

used clomid from sept last year till jan this year, ended in ectopic meant to get a lap and dye at end of the month then see whats next, iui pointless my partners sperm is fine, i just don't ovulate or implant right.... pcos and backwards uterus. sadly first response tests not getting any darker i think.... gonna post the last two days tests

Day 14:
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/DSCF0087.jpg

Day 15:
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/DSCF0092-1.jpg

Some women don't get quite as dark as others and they still are ovulating. However, PCOSers usually have darker lines all throughout their cycle. Is that usually the case for you? PM me if you want to talk more about this, I'm rubbish at checking back on threads!

I had very similar results with First Response... fairly dark lines right around when I should have been getting them, but not quite 'positive'. I tried different brands and get much better results with other brands.
I even saved one of my FR sticks... next time I got a super dark positive with my other brand... where the test line was 2X as dark as the control line... I used the same pee in a cup to test with the FR and got exactly what your first picture had.

They SUCK for me! lol
Each woman is different, and clearly FR is not sensitive enough to catch my surge.
It may work better for women with naturally high levels normally who have a nice high surge above that. I have yet to meet one of those women though!! hehe!

i have stopped using these ones cause i think they were bloody defects i never get problems like these with opk and these ones just caused hassle, the money spent on them was not impress!!!!

I totally agree! I even bought the 20-pack, thinking I'd save money on them by buying in bulk... then I see that they don't have caps on them, that once you open the box, you have to use them all within 30 days etc etc..
Then they didn't even work well! A total rip off
For less than HALF their cost, I've found ones online that are individually wrapped so I only use exactly as many as I need... and they work 10x better!
That way I can buy a few mid-stream sticks so I can do a mid-day test at work, lol.

i agree i use clearblue and will be stick with them! i have a fertility monitor too so its good to be covered lol :D

I've been tempted to buy the fertility monitor.. though I'm not exactly sure my problem is in knowing when I've ovulated and timing sex right, lol... my problem is more about actually ovulating in the first place.. hehee

yeah, i know what you mean my fertility monitor has really help me in this way :D my PCOS is pretty bad so rarely do ovulate myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->